Chapter 32

Tw: ⚠️
———————————————————————
Alessia's POV:

Everything around felt fuzzy.

I remember the doctor advising me to rest now that she had checked me over and I tried my best to sleep, but my mind was racing.

Too much for me to sleep.

My eyes felt heavy but an unnerving feeling was constantly gnawing at me.

Something felt off.

It felt like the air was tense but I just couldn't place my finger on it.

My heavy eyelids finally flickered open and I noticed the whole room plunged in darkness, thought some light was able to shroud through.

Then, I heard a low creak.

I slowly lifted my head up and saw the doctor from earlier walk into the room.

She sauntered over to me and pressed a button at the side of my bed which began to slowly brighten the room up but she didn't brighten up to the room too much.

She then looked down at me and gave me a reassuring smile." Hey Alessia, how are you feeling?"

She was a good looking women for age. I predicted she was around Daniel's age and she had fairly long, brown hair and hazelnut eyes with a slim figure. I noticed she had a tag on her white coat and saw the name Dr. Cara Levi. (N/a- okay I'm pretty sure we've met her before and I can't remember if I gave her a name but IF I did, her name is Cara from now on. I just can't be bothered to go and find it because I'm lazy 😝 amazing how the author of their own book can't remember where they wrote about what. ANYWAYS enjoy!)

"I'm doing okay, I guess. My head is still kinda dizzy and I'm definitely starting to feel the symptoms of an oncoming cold." I croaked out.

"That's to be expected. We'll monitor you here for now but just make sure to restrict yourself of your activities for the next few weeks and we'll see how you're doing then." She then explained to me.

I groaned and let out an annoyed huff when I heard that I can't join in on missions for the next few weeks because I had fucked my concussion and made it worse. Weeks!

Classic Alessia.

When I turned to look back at Cara, I could tell she was almost perturbed by something but she gave me a big smile trying to mask it.

I guess my uneasiness wasn't for a false reason.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her, concerned.

She looked at me and nodded quite quickly. Daniel trained my squad and I to be able to read people and from her now hunched shoulders and slight tapping of her foot, I could tell something wasn't right.

"Where's Daniel and the others?" I questioned.

"They had to deal with something. Don't worry, you rest. They said they'll return as soon as they can." She quickly dismissed the topic and gave me one last reassuring smile and walked out, leaving me puzzled.

What the fuck?

Her abrupt exit didn't sit well with me at all.

I began to carefully lift my body up and I tried peering out of the slits from the windows that are on the wall in front of me, that show the corridor, but there was no one there.

Suddenly, I remembered my phone and looked on the bedside table and as I was about to pull the drawer open, I remembered that Daniel had taken it from me as to 'not make my concussion worse'.