Chapter 11

Alessia's POV:

I felt the blood trickle down my head from where he bashed my head into the wall. My whole body was radiating with pain and agony but I refused to give in to his demands. I didn't care about my life as long as my family is safe.

My head was slanted while the rest of my body was chained to a steel chair and my mouth was gagged with tape. I don't know how long I was left in the rotten, rusted cell but all I could hear is loud footsteps and clanking from chains of some sort.

All of a sudden, the door to the cell was harshly opened and once again my captor stepped foot into the cell.

He stood tall and proud at his height of 6ft and took carefully measured steps towards me. I looked up to see him smirking down at me like a peasant but in my painful state all I could do was look up and glare at him.

"Well Alessia, are you ready to talk?" He questioned while harshly ripping the tape off of my face.

"Never." I gasped out.

He narrowed his eyes at me and pursed his lips like he was thinking of something.

"I'm disappointed, Alessia. I thought you were smarter than the others; I guess I was wrong."

"I'll never give my family away to you, you piece of shit." I spat out.

"Well then. I gave you a chance to save your life and you refused. Don't say I didn't give you a chance to save yourself."

My eyes widened in horror as he stepped even closer towards me.

How much more pain could I go through?

My whole body jerks out of bed when an ear piercing sound penetrated the walls of my bedroom.

I launch myself out of the covers and reach for the daggers under my bed when I look over to see my alarm on my phone blaring.

You've got to be kidding me...

I groan loudly and violently shut my alarm off before I throw my phone out of the window.

I blink rapidly to restore my vision and plop down onto the bed, remembering that distinct memory that I haven't even thought of in years.

Why am I suddenly remembering?

I keep thinking about why this memory has resurfaced and didn't even notice a continuous knocking on my bedroom door.

"Alessia, are you in here?"

I snap out of my trance and see Jackson opening the door to my bedroom.

"Morning, sis. I see you're already up so you don't need to hear me lecturing you about getting up and dressed. Be downstairs in fifteen minutes, okay?" He says with a bright smile.

I look at him with sunken eyes and mutter out," Okay."

His smile vanishes and he just nods and shuts the door.

Ugh, I can't deal with all of this. It's bad enough as it is being here with all of them but adding school on top of it!

Why must life be so cruel?

I let out a loud sigh and head towards my closet, digging through the mountains of new clothes and picking out something decent and comfortable.