Chapter 34

Tw: ⚠️
———————————————————————
Vincenzo's POV:

"You fucking useless stumps!" I yelled furiously as I almost leaped out of the car and approached the aftermath of the scene.

The warehouse...charred.

"You all had one fucking job! How did the Russians even make it past security?!" I demanded someone to inform me as I took in the sight with my sons standing behind me as the hurried to catch up to my pace.

Warehouse C8. Our most valued warehouse and the most well protected one was now a crater of smoke and char.

Those bastard Russians lit the whole warehouse on fire and even with the fire being put out, it was too late.

This warehouse had contained our most precious inventory: weapons, ammunition, documents, files, trade stock. Practically everything, but it appeared that everything was lost and barely everything was salvageable.

Several of my men were scavenging around what remained of the warehouse, trying to find anything that remained intact, but it was pointless.

"You! Come here." I pointed at one of my men and summoned him to me.

He looked hesitated for a second but hurried over and bowed to me and kept his head down, almost ashamed.

Good, they should be.

"Look up." I asked, scarily calmly.

The man was dressed in full black and was wearing a bullet vest and had a handgun in his waistband as many of men carried with them or something relatively similar as it's easier to disguise.

Nevertheless, he disobeyed my order which pissed me off and only added more fire to flame, as if it wasn't already burning.

Suddenly, I harshly grabbed him from the back of his neck and pulled him towards me and tilted his head up so he was looking me in the eye.

His eyes were a pale, light blue that almost mirrored the morning sky of a summer morning but behind them, so much fear was laced in them and it was almost swarming his vision like a bee hive.

"When I order something, I expect you to obey. Understood?!" I started tightening the grip I had on his neck, causing his to scrunch up slightly.

"Yes, Don." He almost whimpered but kept his voice stable as he looked me in the eye.

"Now explain what happened here. How did the Russians manage to infiltrate this perimeter and burn down the warehouse?" My anger was clearly evident when I asked him to explain to me what had happened; I was very close to losing my temper completely but I somehow maintained a stable demeanour.

From the corner of my eye, I saw my sons splitting up and speaking to some of my men, but that's when I noticed some bodies laying on the grass and some dark patches colouring the grass to make it look darker than it appeared, thanks to the shade of the night sky.

Blood. Both of my men and those scumbag Russians.

"Don, we don't know what happened. Somehow they snook past our defences and before we knew it the whole thing was set ablaze and several vans drove into the perimeter and started attacking us. We managed to kill some of them and they took down some of ours but a lot of them managed to get away. In the meantime, some of our men tried to put out the fire but the fire had quickly grown to be too much and before we knew it, there was barely anything left to save." He explained lowly and then added." I'm sorry."

I scowled at him and my grip had tightened unconsciously," You should be sorry. And trying." I mocked." If you had tried, then there would be something left to be saved. The warehouse wouldn't have fallen into such a state and the Russians wouldn't have been able to walk away and be able to see the light of day again!"