Chapter 21

Alessia's POV:

The call ended and a ringing sound pulsed in my ear.

Daniel was right. The only possible mafia that could be that foolish enough to go after this mafia would be the Russians.

Now I have to watch my back even more and be more cautious then ever before because an attack leads to me having to defend myself and the more I do it, the more they'll know and question where I've been all this time.

I stretched my arms across my balcony railing and leaned down.

The past days have been a mess.

From having to do an underground fight with the family watching to getting attacked by them and having to press a knife to James's throat (even though he very much deserved it) to now going to some random event with some awfully looking people and getting attacked by the Russians.

Thinking about the mysterious British guy suddenly fills my mind as I question his familiarity.

"I've definitely seen him before but where?" I whisper to myself.

I narrow my eyes in confusion as I try to familiarise myself with him.

After a few minutes, I head inside my bedroom and open up my laptop and login into the agency's net search.

The agency net search has a very broad database where the names of every mafia, gang and high end businesses are and who they're enemies and allies are.

I search into the database his name.

Logan Gibson.

I press enter and in front of me appears a file that contains all have personal information like his full name, age, date of birth, parents etc.

I scrolled down and carefully skimmed through the information until I land on a crucial phrase.

'Plans to inherit his fathers mafia once he turns 18.'

My eyes widen in realisation due to the fact it took me so long to figure it out.

Logan Gibson's father is the Don of the British Mafia and he plans to inherit it once he becomes of age.

Suddenly, my mind reels back to the day I first met him.

Flashback:

Last year, Robert Gibson was adamant about seeing Daniel so much that he wanted to meet him in person at the agency and wanted me and my friends to be there as well.

We were all standing at the sides of the room, waiting for Robert to turn up. We were all wearing our masks and had our hands on our beloved weapons, ready to strike when necessary.

All of a sudden, the quietness is broken by a loud knock echoing in the office.

"Come in!" Daniel shouted.

A young women entered and a stern looking man with a younger version of him.

"Robert Gibson and his son are here." She said while bowing her head in respect to Daniel and us which we returned.

"Thank you, Rachael. You're dismissed." Daniel said while standing up from his chair.

It was quite obvious that the younger boy was his son. Their facial characteristics were fairy similar.

"Daniel, it's an honour to meet you and you're very talented fighters as well." Robert greeted warmly while sticking his hand out to shake. Daniel returned the handshake and guided them to take a seat.