Chapter 23

Third Person POV:

The men of the family all froze on the spot when they heard the delicate, feminine voice coming from Jennifer. Vincenzo's heart was practically in his throat.

Alessia, in the meantime, simply grinned and side eyed the rest of the family while her body was facing the witches.

"Well," she said abruptly, breaking the long silence," i would love to stay here and see heels being thrown about and see their fingerprints on your cheeks from them slapping you and, my personal favourite, screeches, profanities and threats being thrown around but I have things to do. Have fun." She winked at her brothers and father and gave a little wave before she walked towards where the ladies were standing with their mouths wide open and simply snickered at something funny.

If you want to know, Alexa's had stained her unnecessarily white teeth with lipstick and now she looked like a vampire after they've finished feeding.

With one final glance, Alessia turned away and headed for the door, leaving her family to deal with the mess they've created.

The ladies were still fixed in their position even after hearing the obnoxiously, loud slam that came from the front door because of Alessia. Their minds were still reeling in what Alessia had said.

Mafia?

"Vince, what does your daughter mean by mafia?" Jennifer questioned wearily. She always had known her husband owned many restaurants, hotels and bars; that kind of business. Never once did she think that this had to do with the mafia.

Vincenzo cleared his throat but hesitate slightly before he responded." Jennifer, love, I think it's best for you- all of you- to take a seat and I will do my best to explain as I think it's time you know the truth."

Alexa couldn't look at her family the same, she was terrified of them.

Of course, the fear of her family finding out she had something to do with their mothers death lingered with her all of these years but now she glimpsed at what they were truly capable of.

Melissa was the first to snap out of her stupor and take a seat on one the long lengthened couches and not long after did it take for Alexa and Jennifer to join.

Her face remained stoic as usual and she still posed in her formal, feminine stature but on the inside, she was trembling. She had always thought that her sisters husband was involved in something but never did she think it was something as big as this.

Alexa wasn't the only one feeling this way, all of them had fear gnawing at them if these men were to ever find out the truth, they wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through their heads.

This revelation changes everything for them.

"When were you going to, uh, inform us about your business endeavours?" Melissa exhaled quietly as she began the conversation.

Vincenzo couldn't keep eye contact and solemnly looked down but finally built up the courage to look at his wife, sister and daughter.

"This business I run is very risky. It's dangerous and it's not something I wanted you to know about. It's not the life I wanted for you. Any of you."

Alexa turned her attention to her older brothers but even they couldn't even maintain eye contact with her.

She felt a sense of betrayal; she was never confined into the life she was born into.

But does she even deserve to feel that way?

"I was going to tell you guys at some point but never knew how to. I just wanted to keep you all safe." He added while cracking his knuckles.