Chapter 9

Third person POV: three hours after Alessia was captured

—————————————————————————
Hey guys, I felt like I needed to clear some things up before this chapter begins in order to clear up some things I forgot to specify and hopefully this clears up any confusion.

1-when Alessia finished her match in chapter 6, no one saw her because they were standing at the back of the crowd and everyone was too busy paying attention to the match to even notice Alessia, Ryan and Jack and if I didn't make this clear is that no one knows any of their identities as like Alessia does, they all wear masks. And then when she went for a drive afterwards it was only around 5pm when her family captured her.

2-I think I forgot to mention this part but her friends were supposed to meet up at her house at 8pm so that's why this is taking place three hours after when she was captured so they'll find out about her missing.

3-also when Alessia woke up in chapter 7 after being knocked out, she woke up at around 9pm. So yes, the drugs were strong but they didn't have such an adverse effect on her and it will be explained why. And this family had a late dinner because of this whole 'getting Alessia back' thing.

Hopefully that helped. If it made things worse and would like me to explain it better, feel free to comment.

Anyways, let's dive into this chapter.

Enjoy!
——————————————————————————

"How long until they get here? I mean, how long does it take to take a quick shower and throw on some clothes? Women, seriously." Ryan exasperated.

Jack groans and rubs his forehead, frustratedly while sitting down next to Ryan on the beige couch in Daniel's office. Daniel was busy doing work on his laptop but couldn't focus because of Ryan's constant complaining that's been going on for the past hour.

"Ryan, I, as the only person who can tolerate your annoyance for so long before I tear you to shreds in this room right now, urge you to have a bit more respect for the ladies. What all of you do is very difficult but specifically in Alessia, Ariel and Bree's line of work, they tend to get caked in more blood so please excuse the fact that scrubbing blood off of their skin is proving quite difficult." Daniel explained in his stern yet calm tone." Now, if you wouldn't mind, can you shut the fuck up as from the looks of things, Jack is about ten seconds away from ripping your head off and I won't even bother trying to stop him."

Daniel glares at Ryan as a warning and turns to face his laptop once again, praying to get his work done. He adores all of them as he sees them all as his own kids and wouldn't hesitate to put himself at risk for any one of them. Despite their childish attitudes, he couldn't ask for a better family and for that he couldn't be more grateful, especially how much they've done for him and the company. They helped emerge it to the glory it is now and have became they most feared assassins and fighters in the world.

Ryan simply huffs in return and glares at the floor likes it's their fault for him getting lectured. Jack simply thanks God for having a saviour like Daniel who saved Ryan from his wrath until another day.

Thankfully, they only had to wait another few minutes until Ariel and Bree waltzed into the office.

"I'm surprised to still see Ryan alive." Bree smirks.

"Oh believe me, Bree, I was on the verge of killing him." Jack says while side eyeing Ryan.

Ryan rolls his eyes and mutters under his breath," I'm not that bad."