Chapter 1

Alessia's POV:

I've been staring at the ceiling for a good ten
minutes.

I'm utterly bored out of my mind.

Your probably wondering, where am I?

Well, I currently resign in an underground bunker, let's say by an abandoned train track.

I'm not kidding. I found it and decided to lay low here.

Your also probably wondering how the hell did I end up here?

Well, every time I remember that horrific day makes me want to plunge a knife in their eyes. I mean I could do that but it's too much effort and besides why should I when they're already so dumb for not seeing the biggest lie being told right to their face. They should live with the consequences. It's not my problem anymore.

I still get the same chills when I think back to that same frightful day when my entire life changed.

Flashback to six years ago:

I was ten years old, living a happy life with my parents and my siblings. Everything seemed perfect until one day my mother announced my aunt moving in.

None of us were thrilled of the idea, including my dad because we all know that she only cares for money and has already borrowed so much money from my mother, which she promised to pay her back but in the end, never did.

As soon as she got here, she already was laying her stink eyes on me. Why? I have no idea.

At random points during the day, she would break, damage or smash valuable things in the house and immediately pin the blame on me.

Every time she snitched on me to my parents, they would look at me in disappointment and that's what was more painful than anything that conniving bitch broke.

I, obviously, defended myself but of course they would listen to an adult than a kid.

You would also think that she did this purely out of the own hatred in her own heart.

Oh no.

She had an apprentice with her that would also destroy things in the house and run away like the coward she is. Yes, my own twin, Alexa.

Believe me, we got along great as kids but then as the years went by, we drifted further away and she got more and more jealous of the attention I was getting for instance getting good grades, making lots of friends and for the way I look.

Maybe she shouldn't have been born first. Ugh, who am I kidding, I'm glad I ended up like this instead of a stuck up, selfish twat.

Anyway, I had to put up with my aunts constant snitching and bitching for a whole year. Even my brothers started looking at me differently despite me trying to prove it wasn't me. No one as per usual would listen to me.

I endured all this until one frightful day.

I entered the kitchen to get a light snack before lunch. I was making my down the stairs while I heard some light muffling coming from the kitchen.

At first, I didn't think much of it and continued making my way to the kitchen and when I entered... my heart stopped.

I wish I never entered the kitchen that day.