Chapter 18

Tw: violence, blood, mention of possible rape (maybe other things idk)
—————————————————————————
Alessia's POV:

I don't know why I'm remembering things that I haven't remembered in so long.

For so long, I didn't think it bothered me. I just thought it was a simple mishap.

So, why am I remembering now?

I woke up quite early this morning, sweating from the memory of what happened and since then, I've been on edge.

Flashback:

"I'm getting just about sick and tired of you. I've been beating the shit out of your measly body for two weeks and you still refuse to say anything." He snarled viciously at me.

My head lung lowly. My body was radiating with immense pain ever second but nevertheless, I raised my head and looked him dead in the eye to show that I'll never back down.

"You can do whatever you want to me, Elijah," I say his name, distastefully," but I'll never, ever, let you break me. My family mean everything to me. It doesn't matter what you do. I. Won't. Give. Up."

Elijah glared at me harshly but I refused to back down.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." He said lowly.

"Leave the room. Now." He orders his men.

The sound of the door closing echoes throughout the room. Elijah slowly approached me with something that enhanced fear in me but I refused to show it; his eyes held lust.

He came and stood in front of me and looked down at me and a smirk was plastered on his face.

"I've always admired the way you look. I wonder what will happen if I... delve deeper."

His hands made his way to his belt and he started unbuckling it. I couldn't look away even if I wanted to as his left hand was wrapped tightly around the back of my neck.

My whole body was paralysed with fear.

Could this be happening to me?

Is this where my innocence gets taken away from me?

My breathing was coming out more and more heavy while he was still unbuckling belt.

I just want this pain to end. I'd rather him kill me than to rape me.

Why is this happening to me? What did I do? If someone out there could tell me, then I'll do everyone the favour of ending my useless life.

Before I knew it, a lonely tear fell down my cheek but all I could was close my eyes and hope my body was submerge into the darkness.

All of a sudden, gunshots rang out throughout the compound and my eyes snapped open to see Elijah facing the door.

He quickly turned back to look at me and he shouted at me," You bitch! Once I deal with them, I will end you! No more second chances, little girl."

He suddenly approached me and delivered a sharp punch to my face, the impact causing me to fall sideways and my vision growing darker by the second.

I could barely make out Elijah leaving but I knew he left once I heard him slamming the door shut.

Gunshots were ringing out and I could make out distant grunts and yelling and orders being issued but my body was slowly dying.