Chapter 33

Tw:⚠️
———————————————————————
Third Person POV:

It felt like the everlasting rain would never end.

It just kept pouring and pouring from the gloomy and eerie looking sky that it made many wonder, when will it end?

The tension in the room could be cut with a knife. Everyone was on guard and trying to hatch the best course of action on how to proceed.

But where were they?

Who is 'they'?

"Is it that hard to snatch a measly, little gremlin?" Melissa narrowed her eyes in suspicion at the man who's figure was masked by the shadows of the night." I'm seriously beginning to question if you actually did kidnap her and torture her for two weeks."

"Melissa-" Jennifer pleaded but failed as Melissa cut her off again.

"I wonder who his loyalty truly lies with as so far he's only prolonging to the inevitable."

The sharp-witted man slowly clocked his head around and locked his eyes onto Melissa and she couldn't stop the slight tremor run through her body.

"Well, I can certainly say I've done more in two weeks than you've done in the entirety of the seven years you stayed with them." He stated while tilting his head." Believe me when I say, I want nothing more than to take Alessia down but, getting rid of her family is only a bonus."

"Elijah, we're fully aware of your capability and my father believes you being here is truly an asset to the Russian mafia. I'm sure Melissa meant nothing by her comment," Jennifer glared at Melissa so she'll keep her mouth shut which only resulted in her rolling her eyes," but, I hope that we're going to start the final phase of the plan."

"We've been dormant for too long. Only hitting them emotionally. It's been a while since we've hit them physically."

Elijah turned his head and looked at Jennifer with interest. He was always fascinated at how such a naive and obedient girl would be so willing to go to such depths for the sake of her father, who is only using her for his own gain.

It made him wonder who is the true vixen in this story.

"Ladies, I am pleased by your commitment and there's so little left but I'm going to leave you with a thought."

"The best weapon is not to act directly but from within. It's not always about a physical attack but toying with people's emotions works just as effectively."

That left them all to be stunned. So much so the living room, in the house that Jennifer grew up in, was encased in a sphere of silence as everyone took in Elijah's words.

Elijah was a character who was rarely ever around but when he appears, he strikes. And strikes hard.

Not many people in this world utter his name or think about attacking him because one, he's almost impossible to find, and two, he's always one step ahead of you.

No one knows anything about his backstory, which is what makes him so mysterious and it's like an aura that surrounds him. And it made the women think.

What did Alessia do to make Elijah want to destroy her?

All this time, Alexa was leaning against a window and gazing at the cloudy night sky and the never ending stream of rain until she remembered something intriguing.

"Wait." She abruptly said which made everyone turn to her.

"Are you aware of the alliance?"

"What alliance?" Elijah asked, intrigued.