Chapter 17

Tw: child neglect, child abandonment
—————————————————————————
Alessia's POV:

I'm currently making my way upstairs from the games room as it's located in the basement of the house.

I need to get over to the building and warn everyone of this family's growing suspicions. If they were to ever find out, it would end badly on both sides; mostly them.

The Silver League Agency is number 1 for a reason.

I'm about to open the door when I hear someone call out to me from the living room.

"Alessia? Can you come here for a moment." A voice called out to me.

I'm debating on wether or not to take them up on that offer but that voice sounds awfully familiar and I can only tell that my suspicions are correct.

My fists immediately turn into fists and I head towards the living which causes my jaw to clench as my eyes dawn upon who's in there.

The three wicked witches from the west.

"Alessia, come sit down. We haven't had the chance to really talk since your return and I would very much like to meet my stepdaughter." The stepmother smiles softly at me but I could easily tell she was grinning maliciously underneath that facade of hers.

"Gladly." I reply with a confident tone.

I go and sit down on one the long sofas and now I'm sat opposite to the stepmother and the aunt while Alexa is sat in the armchair to my left.

"So, Alessia dear, how have you been getting along? Is everything to your liking?" My aunt questions me while delicately sipping her tea.

I narrow my eyes at her as a warning to her to not test my patience. It's bad enough I have to sit in a room with everyone in the family but it's even worse when I'm alone with these three.

"Let's cut the shit, shall we? Don't think for a single second I will fall for your antics for one single second. I know what all of you are truly like." I say, darkly causing Alexa to swallow thickly. My stepmother and aunt look intrigued but there was a brief moment that they saw me for who I truly am now.

"Unlike them, I won't fall for your bullshit and now that I'm back, I will avenge you for what you did to my mother. Even though every one of you have a vendetta against me, I have an unimaginable one against all of you. I promise all of you that I won't rest until every person who was responsible for my mothers death pays." I glare at every one of them and get up from my seat.

As I'm about to walk past Alexa who's sat there nervously while trying to hide her shaking hands," You're a disgrace. How could you do this out of your own jealousy and pettiness? You're a coward. That's all I'll ever see you as and as my mothers murderer."

She doesn't even bother to look at me and just looks straight ahead with her face void of any emotion.

"Oh Alessia, we didn't expect anything less from you. We're planning our own schemes so I'd advise you, sweetheart, to look behind you as you never know when or how we could strike?" My stepmother warns me while wearing an evil grin.

My aunt continues to slip her tea but the power and authority I can tell she feels is evident in her small smile and in her irises.

"Oh, I'm not worried. It's you that she be prepared for the unexpected but as Alexa very clearly pointed out four years...

You will be the ones running, little girls, running." I taunt as I remember the words Alexa uttered to me that day causing me to run away.

With one final glare, I turn around and walk towards the door where I hear footsteps behind me.