Chapter 29

Tw: uhh idk what exactly just it's a very intense chapter and there's bound to be something serious in here. Proceed with caution ⚠️
——————————————————————————
Alessia's POV:

For the first time in a while, I felt light.

It was great to be in an atmosphere surrounded by the people who I cherished the most.

An atmosphere filled with lighthearted laughter and familiar faces.

Even if threats were being thrown left and right.

"I still can't believe this shit. Here I am, stitched and bruised, and you're still bitching about it." Ryan grumbled annoyedly but then there was a mischievous glint in his eyes." Just admit it, Jack. Were you worried about me?"

Ryan wiggled his eyebrows at Jack who only scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Don't get the wrong idea, Ryan. From the amount of times you've pissed me off, you should be lucky it wasn't me to pummelled your ass to the ground." Jack reminded him.

Me, Bree and Ariel started laughing at their usual bickering. It's become a habit at this point and it's just entertaining to watch.

Ryan looked at Jack with affection and slowly got up from his seat on the couch and went towards Jack to hug him while sitting down in the process.

"AWWW!" Us girls shouted in unison but Jack looked most displeased but nevertheless, gently hugged Ryan back.

We were all sat in the penthouse's living room, just chatting and laughing. It just felt like home when all of us were together.

Ryan got discharged earlier as they saw he was recovering well and he had to spend the next few weeks resting and recovering which is something he was displeased about as he wanted to 'get back into the game' but one stern look from Daniel and Jack was enough to shut up him up.

"How's the head doing, Al?" Ariel asks me with worry and that drew the attention of everyone else. I looked at all of them and almost broke out into a fit of laughter when I saw Jack and Ryan freeze as Jack was holding Ryan at arms length and was holding a clenched fist that looked like he was about to use to punch him. But, I held it in.

"Don't worry, I'm doing fine. In a weeks time it'll be like it never happened and I can get back to doing what I'm good at, protecting others and taking down the lesser evils alongside my friends." I smile at the end of it and looked at my friends with adoration. They were truly the friends and siblings I never had after the incident happened. That day I lost everyone but if I'm being honest, if I never ran away that day, I would've never have met them. It's weird.

Strangely, the world works in mysterious ways.

"Good to know now, you two, move!" Bree demanded as she got in between Jack and Ryan and pushed them apart.

"Yeah, don't worry about me. Ryan's the main concern as he's about to get himself a black eye." I said.

"I'm sure Daniel will understand." Ariel rolled her eyes, playfully.

While Bree was busy trying to stop the constant cursing and bickering between the two guys, Ariel shuffled closer towards me and wrapped her arm around my shoulders and pulled me towards her side.

It's simple things like this that makes me feel fortunate to have these people in my life.

"How long are you going to be staying?" She asked me quietly.

"A few days. I need a break, especially after that attack." I almost winded thinking about it though I still couldn't remember much. Most of all, I didn't want to be around any of them as I was so close to losing it and I didn't need them hovering over me every single second like the paparazzi following a famous celebrity.