Chapter 28

Tw: mentions of abuse and neglect and some other things. Proceed with caution ⚠️
——————————————————————————
Alexa's POV:

The most anticipated day had finally arrived.

I looked both ways and checked the hallways to see the coast clear as I make my way towards Alessia's room with a pastel coloured jumper in my hand.

As I approached the door to her bedroom, I put my ear towards it to see if she was inside and to my excitement, she wasn't.

I slowly turned the handle to her room and walked inside and shut the door behind me to avoid any suspicions.

Her bedroom reeked of her wretched stench. It made me want to barf.

I made my towards her bed and crouched down beside her bed and carefully crawled underneath.

With silent grunts, I shuffled some boxes around and some clothes of hers which I quickly moved without touching it for more than needed.

Disgusting. Who knows what diseases that skunk has?

With one more shuffle, I finally made my way to the box that she had placed on top of the loose floorboard.

I pull my arm towards me and placed my jumper next to the box.

I released a satisfied sigh and with an eager smirk, quickly proceeded to put everything back in place before someone or even worse, Alessia, were to catch me here.

Don't get me wrong, I know Alessia's that Black Widow person who happened to be the best street fighter and assassin in the world and that alone scared me. When she returned, I didn't like that snarky attitude of hers. But I'm too scared to do anything.

Though I would never admit that to anyone out loud.

But now, it's finally time to see her shake in her shoes when everything she's worked for has been foiled by her own twin.

I pulled the blanket back down and stood up, tired and brushed my hands of all of the dirty dust.

That fucking copy cat deserved everything that had happened to her and deserves to have her life destroyed by the fact that everyone knows her dirty, little secret.

I want her to feel that rage that I felt when they never treated us the same.

I want her to be seen differently, just like how I was seen differently.

I want her to feel weak, just like how I felt for so long until that day I saw the hatred in everyone's eyes when they thought she had killed my dear mother.

I felt no remorse about doing any of this. Alessia was always the favourite, never me. She was the golden child while I was the shit they dig up in the garden.

Alessia should've never existed in the first place. From day one, she was always interfering and meddling in everything. Even after she ran, she was all my pathetic family could think about.

She was always on their minds.

And my family. They're affection towards me was faker than their generosity and their 'I love you's'. I could tell from the moment she left, she was suddenly dearly missed and they had to fill in that void by treating me like a princess.

All I ever wanted was to be loved by my family and not be used as some cheap substitute or replacement. Even when we killed that old hag, they still couldn't hate her even though from the outside, they were livid.