Chapter 26

Tw: brief mentions of blood and threat
——————————————————————————

I've been known for never being a patient person.

I could tell it's frustrating the others with my constant fidgetiness and pacing around the corridor but can you blame me?

Ryan's been in surgery for over two hours now and my anxiety had only been growing as often as the clock's handle kept turning.

The ever growing tension could be cut through with a knife as we waited in silence.

"Alessia, please stop. It's only making me think that the doctor is about to come and me getting my hopes up." Jack pleaded with me as he broke the suffocating silence.

I huff and go lean against a wall and stare at my scratched boots that were covered in mud and blood.

Me being the overprotective and stubborn bitch I am, I would never admit out loud that I felt completely responsible for Ryan being in the situation he's in now and everyone drowning in their sorrows of worry.

I lifted my eyes from my boots and scanned the room as I took in the state of everyone and my heart instantly felt a heavy pressure on it.

A pressure of guilt.

Jack, Bree and Ariel were sat on the bench. Ariel was asleep and laid her head on Bree's shoulder as Bree had her arm around Ariel's shoulder as she leant against the bench.

Jack was hunched over and was clenching his fists tightly and his eyes were stained red. His body every now and then would shake and a tiny whimper could be heard in our cave of silence. He was hunched over so no one saw him like this.

Daniel was leaning against the wall near them with his arms crossed as he stared blankly at the plain, white wall in front of him.

Daniel was feeling the worse. He's our guardian so of course he felt as if he left himself down with not protecting us but it was out of his hands. I ,for one, don't blame him and knowing Ryan, he wouldn't either.

The true reason was me.

All I've ever brought is trouble, pain and more trouble and even more pain. They've done all of this for me and now Ryan's in there, in surgery, because of me.

Because of them.

When Ryan gets out of here, no more waiting, no more trying to be civil, no more!

It's going down and the plan will proceed and if Daniel thinks it's too early or I'm being too reckless, I'm going through with it, with or without them.

They'll pay for everything they've done and hurting Ryan is only adding more fuel to the fire and making my blood boil even more as my mind wonders.

Enough's enough.

There comes a time in everyone's life where they need to put their foot down.

I'm putting mine down this instant.

.......

More time passed and still no news.

It only brought the worse thoughts out of me.

Suddenly, Jack got up from his seat and started aggressively pacing back and forth.

His aggressiveness work Bree and Ariel up who looked at him with a pained expression.

"I swear if that little pain in my ass doesn't get up..." He muttered under his breath.

"Don't say that, Jack. Of course he will. He's Ryan, he's too stubborn not to." Bree chuckled slightly at the end.