Chapter 5

Alessia's POV:

I thought that for some people, their lives couldn't get any more worse than it already is. Their lives are already so fucked up that something couldn't possibly come out of nowhere to just completely submerge them.

Well, when those words left Daniel's mouth, it felt like my whole body shut down.

"Your family's been in touch. Again. But this time, they want to hire you and work with you."

I already know how relentless they are to work with our agency because with our agency, comes absolute man power that can completely annihilate any mafia out there.

But now, they're just asking for me which doesn't make any difference because if I was to ever work with them, which I won't or ever would, means them getting access to this agency and forming an alliance with them.

"Al, you okay?" Ariel asks softly while reaching out to grab my hand.

I quickly snap out of my stupor and see everyone looking at me with concern and sympathy written on their faces. They know that I would rather be dismembered than ever see them let alone work with them.

"I'm fine, don't worry." I turn to face Daniel with coldness seeping into my eyes." Daniel, I think you know far better than anyone else that I would never work with them. You know what they're planning. They obviously have sought me out as an individual but really if I was to ally myself with them also comes with allying themselves with the agency. You say yourself, you don't like to meddle with mafias because it's not worth it and we as an agency, are a collective individual. We stay away from stuff that don't concern us, including this. I'm not turning it down for my own petty reasons of not wanting to see them but I'm doing it for the sake of the agency and all of you here. They'll only sink this agency into the pits, throwing away all the hard work you and everyone single person in this agency have put towards making it strong and a force to be reckoned with."

Daniel looks at me with a admiration gleaming in his eyes." I understand Alessia, I really do. I'm truly grateful to have such loyal, strong minded young people in this agency that look out for this company's best interests while also looking out for everyone else."

He gets up and approaches me from his desk and holds my face in his hands." I just hope you know that I was in no way in hell going to accept that. You mean a lot to me kid and I'll always be there to protect you, no matter what."

I smile at that knowing someone's actually there in my corner who actually loves me and protects me. Daniel wraps his arms around me and places his chin on my head while whispering," I love you Alessia."

"I love you too, old man."

He smirks and breaks away from the hug and flicks my forehead. I turn to go join my friends on the couch and they surround me, hugging me as well.

"Okay, I love all this love and affection but now it's beginning to be too much." I say while trying to push away.

"Thank god, it's beginning to get nauseating." Jack says while putting his feet on the coffee table.

"Way to ruin it, bro." Ryan says while rolling his eyes.

Bree and Ariel laugh at Ryan and Jack's petty argument while Daniel shakes his head.

"I don't know how I put up with all of you kids. You'd expect than to be mature by now but no, they still act like they're toddlers." Daniel mutters under his breath while rubbing his forehead.

We all pause and turn to look at him," HEY!"

"What? It's true."

We all huff in annoyance. He's not wrong though half the time we act like we're twelve again.