Chapter 4

Third person POV:

Both boys hesitated on the spot, the mouse on the video, ready and waiting to be played.

They were just a click away from discovering the truth. Was their younger sister lying all that time ago or was she truly innocent?

They were basked in a very deep silence that all could be heard was their heavy breathing and their pounding hearts.

"Are you ready?" Marcus slowly asked his younger brother while carefully reaching out his hand to lay it on the mouse.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Dylan reached over and planted a supportive hand on his brothers shoulder.

Both Marcus and Dylan were hoping that this was all a big misunderstanding and if it was, they'd do whatever they can to earn their sisters forgiveness.

Marcus let out a big sigh and slowly clicked on the video. Dylan was shaking in fear of what the recording would show but all he could do was hope and pray. It was now in the hands of the recording.

Marcus scrolled to the hour the incident occurred and then the footage played out before them. Mostly it was just chatter that could be heard all around the house. That's something that vanished after that frightful day that really made the whole house seem alive. Like everyone living in it, were truly a family. Then after a few minutes, their mother appeared to have entered the kitchen wearing one of her heartwarming smiles that truly pained both of the boys hearts. The women who meant everything to them was stripped away from them.

Their mother appeared to be looking at something on her phone when suddenly a maid approached, looking distressed and started speaking and frantically waving her arms about. Someone damaged the sound to this camera so they couldn't hear what the conversation was about but from the look on their mothers face, she looked deeply worried and concerned. Their mother replied back to the maid and turned around and started walking away when she abruptly stopped. She turned around to face the maid who now had an evil smirk on her face and now the boys were face to face with what really happened.

Their mother was stabbed by a maid, not by their younger sister.

Marcus immediately stopped the video, not being able to continue watching and got up from his chair, rapidly pacing around the room while shoving his hands through his hair. Dylan still sat, stone-faced but then tears started flowing down his face. Both now were hit with an immense wave of guilt. They blamed everything on Alessia when all this time she was telling the truth. All this time, she was suffering and enduring so much pain for the actions of a cruel stranger.

Dylan, being the most emotional one in the family, quickly broke down sobbing. Marcus witnessed his younger brothers emotions breaking out and didn't hesitate to comfort him. He quickly pulled Dylan into his chest and whispered sweet things into his ear to calm him down but all he could think about was that while their sister was suffering for something she never did, that women was able to get away with what she did and didn't end up paying the price.

Once Dylan had calmed down, he turned to face his older brother, his face still puffy and his cheeks stained with tears and muttered out," What have we done, Marcus? What will we do now?"

Those words pained Marcus's chest but it was nothing compared to what he helped inflict on Alessia. He cradled Dylan's face in his hands and said," We need to show this to everyone else and then we'll think of a plan to get Alessia back."

Dylan nodded and went to gather everyone into his fathers office while Marcus gathered his laptop with the footage ready to shown to the rest of his family. Marcus was curious about something and quickly lapsed through the rest of the footage and the question that lingered in his mind all this time was proved to be inconclusive in the footage but still remains to answered.