Chapter 10

Alessia's POV:

"Are you sure you'll be okay, Al?" Ariel asks me for the dozenth time today.

"Don't worry guys, please, I'll be fine but thanks again for being there for me last night." I say, softly, trying to ease the nervousness.

They all give me pity looks but prefer not to say anything and we bid each other goodbye, planning to see each other soon as it's better to be with them these lot.

I give them all a hug and step out of the black tinted car and slowly make my way up to the driveway. I told Jack to drop me off further down so the guards couldn't see them and inform my family on who they are. They don't need to meddle in my business even more than the moment they 're entered' my life.

I slowly walk up the hill, the gravel crunching underneath my trainers with every step and I look to see the sun breaking through for the start of a new day. I let out a loud breath and look back at the last 24 hours.

Last night was the hardest night for me. I don't even know what happened but the tap was just flowing and flowing out and I just...broke.

Never before have I ever felt the emotions that were surging through me at that moment but in life, everyone has a moment of weakness.

This one out-ruled all of them.

I was truly thankful for my family saving me and supporting me by continuously comforting me all night and never leaving me alone. I didn't even mind that they saw all of my raw emotions because if I'm being honest, I couldn't hold it back and I couldn't be more thankful for having such amazing people in my life that care so much.

As soon as I reach the gates of this hellhole, my walls get rebuilt as quick as they fell down, especially as I come face to to face with some of the guards.

Some of them swallow roughly or turn the gaze away from me. Hah, one of the most powerful mafias guards are intimidated by a little girl. Pussies.

One of them standing at the gate reaches for a wire attached to his ear and says something, too quiet for me to hear but I can already guess that's he's snitching on me and alerting everyone that I've arrived.

I just roll my eyes and trudge towards the front door and turn the handle to see the door open and the house eerily quiet.

I slam the door behind me and walked past the living room, heading for the staircase when a gruffly voice calls out to me after clearing their throat and trying to get my attention.

"Alessia, come here now."

I am tempted to ignore them but I know these people and judging from their behaviour in the past hours, they won't stop pestering you until you do what they're told so I just groan and walk towards the living room with my usual expressionless face on.

I walk inside and see the majority of my brothers there except James, thank god I really am not in the mood for his 'loyalty' towards family and whatnot, and the sperm donor as well.

It's going to be a long day.

I don't even bother to sit down and instead stand in front of the doors with my hands in my jeans. My younger older brothers look amused but it's clear that my older brother is bursting to ask me a question so before he shits himself from desperation, I simply raise my eyebrows, indicating for him to say whatever he has to.

"Where have you been?" He simply, asks.

Really, this what all of that was about?

"Are you deaf or did you not hear me clearly last night? I was out with my friends." I state while crossing my arms.