Chapter 7

Alessia's POV:

It felt like my whole world collapsed at that very moment.

My whole body was paralysed with fear and the recollection from what I endured all those years ago. The people who planted those memories into my head and constructed the physical scars that still linger on my body, are standing right in front of me.

My worst fear is coming true.

My family were looking at me with wide eyes. My youngest elder brother, Dylan, was trembling with happiness and shock but all I could do was stare back with no emotions or at least I tried but my eyes did the saying for me.

"Alessia." My 'father' whispered." We've finally found you. My beautiful girl. It's time to come home."

He began to take a step towards me but I quickly took a step back, immediately scowling at his pathetic act.

Hurt flashed through his eyes and he immediately stopped. My other brothers, minus James, also looked shocked by my actions. What did they expect? That I was going to jump up and down in excitement even after everything they've done to me.

"Bambina, we're here to take you home. What's gotten into you?" Alexander asked.

"What did you expect, Alexander? Huh?" I raised my voice at the end with anger laced within my words." After everything you did to me, you think I would run into your arms and forget everything? Forget how you accused me of killing my own mother?! Forget how you tortured me countlessly with no remorse?!"

It definitely looked like I stuck several nerves in everyone standing there. If only I struck those nerves with the sharp, steel dagger strapped to my thigh. Then, will I truly feel satisfied.

"Alessia, listen. We found the footage from that day and we know you didn't do it." Jackson explained.

"Oh, so it took your six years to find it but still in the span of two years, you managed to make my life hell."

"We may have forgotten that there was a camera in there." Marcus muttered but I heard him.

"Wow, so I faced your wrath and was used as a punching bag over your stupid mistake?!" I shouted while clenching my fists." No matter, did you finally find out that it was my shit hole of a sister and my wicked hag of an aunt?"

"Don't talk about my sister like that, you stupid bitch." James scowled while glaring at me.

"James, I hope you understand that I sincerely don't give a shit. You people don't mean anything to me anymore. The moment you disowned me, I disowned you and from the moment I left, I never wanted anything more to do with any of you so the fact is that you think I am more than willing to return to the one place I despise more than anywhere else, is actually quite amusing."

"Enough of this childish behaviour, Alessia. You're going to return with us. This decision is not up for discussion." My father demanded with his stern tone.

I just smirked at him and just shook my head." For the past four years, I've lived in hiding, away from all of you and learning how to look out for myself." I looked at them with determination flowing through my eyes. I slowly turn my head to the side and see three men behind me, standing, ready to act." I'm no longer that weak, little girl you once knew. I've changed and I have no intention of going back."

I quickly take several steps back and one of the men standing behind me opens his arms, ready to grab me. He lunges but I quickly dodge and kick him in the gut and land a roundhouse kick, sending him into the other two men. I turn back to see their other men rapidly approaching me but I quickly pick up my bike, ignoring my helmet and climb on. I turn on the bike and sped away just before another one of their men manages to catch me within their clutch.