Chapter 38

Tw:⚠️
———————————————————————
Vincenzo's POV:

I don't know how much more of this I can take.

With running a mafia, and being a father, it's been stressful.

My wife, sister in law and daughter have vanished, Alessia has been kidnapped.

My whole life is a mess and I haven't felt more useless than this moment in time.

I was sat in living room, with a laptop in my lap, typing away and hacking into any cameras to try and locate my daughter.

Marcus was busy searching as well with Dylan and Jackson while Alexander was in his office, dealing with the loss of our stocks in the warehouse that the Russians lit up. James as usual was sulking in his room and I didn't have time to deal with him. My focus was solely on Alessia right now.

"This is pointless." Marcus muttered under his breath while leaning his head back against the couch. He looked defeated and was about ready to give up. We were at this for hours and days had passed since Alessia's kidnapping.

It only made me fear the worse.

I released a shallow huff just as Jackson and Daniel sat down next to Marcus looking disoriented and looked at them with worry. I couldn't bear it if anything else would happen to my children. My children were my world, they were all I had left and I've done nothing but let them down again and again. I've failed as a father and it shows at the fact that two of my children have been abducted.

What more could go wrong in my life?

"Don't give up. We must keep going, for Alessia and Alexa's sake. Do it for your sisters." I told them, practically pleading with them to continue. My chest felt like it was constricting every moment that my children weren't here.

The three of them looked a bit hesitant for some reason and shared a look like they were communicating something with one another but then turned back to what they were doing.

"Where else is there to turn? It's like they've hacked into the cameras to erase any footage that could give us any hints." Jackson looked to Marcus for any conclusion but Marcus just stared at the screen, dumbfounded.

"How about we-"

Dylan was interrupted by the doorbell ringing.

"Who could that be?" Marcus questioned with a suspicious look.

I didn't say anything as I got up and reached the gun in my waistband. I released the safety and began to walk slowly towards the door, guard up and gun in hand.

I crept slowly towards the door and heard some shuffling behind me and knew my sons were behind me, gun in hand as well.

The person at the door knocked again and I knew there was two scenarios at play here: one, my guards were killed whoever is behind this door, or two, the guards didn't need to inform me of this persons arrival as it was someone that could be trusted.

But in this world, can anyone actually ever be trusted?

I grasp the doorknob in my hand and immediately feel its cool touch that sends a faint shiver up my arm. With one final break, I swing the door open and point my gun in the mysterious persons face.

"Not exactly that kind of welcome I'd thought I'd receive." A gruff voice stated, a very familiar voice.

My gun was quickly snatched out of my grasp and I see that I was pointing it at none other than Daniel, who then proceeded to shove my gun into my chest and made his own inside.