"My Angel in Disguise" 57

“We prayed for your soul, hoping that you could hear and see us. That moment, I wished I was also dead so I could be with you. But I thought that, you won’t be happy to know I committed suicide just to be with you. We went to Tiffany’s old house and said our prayers for you.”

“We finished 8th grade and 9th grade without Cyndi. We’re all still affected, especially me. I could notice that they’re feeling uncomfortable already yet still chose to be with me.” “Tiffany told me that I love you, she was right. I had to share her stories, she made me feel happy as we sat beside the tree at the place where you died.”

“Natalie confessed that she likes me, but the feeling’s not mutual.” “We went on a trip, the same old place where I pushed the swing for you. I went there and reminisced the past.” “Daniel told me how he really felt, he was right. We should start to move on. We all miss you Cyndi.”

“I went on a vacation with my family but still, with thoughts of you. Granny’s sad too you know? You left her too.” “I actually planned to transfer schools but I thought that, I wouldn’t want to leave our memories there so I decided to stay.” “Cyndi, I have to stop talking to you. I have to move on for myself and my friends. I’m sorry but, not talking to you doesn’t mean that I don’t love you.”

“We have a new classmate. Her name is Kathryn. She actually reminds me of Cyndi. She’s also attractive and kind. The first time I saw her, it’s as if I saw an angel. I felt something different inside that made me sort of forget Cyndi. She also started to hang out with us because of Tiffany.” “We were playing soccer, and like Cyndi, she was hit by the ball. But, she fainted that I had to catch her.”

“One day, I heard Kathryn singing in the garden, her voice was so beautiful. She was singing Angela Zhang’s Journey. She accidentally sprinkled water on me. She asked what my favorite flower is, I said it was Champagne Rose. She didn’t know how they look like. That moment, I started to like her more.” “Kathryn, I didn’t rip the old entries here because I wanted to share you my past.”

“Kathryn, I started learning the song you sang.” “My grandmother went home, she was so happy, she said she met a new friend. She met her the same way she met her old friend. I started to wonder.” “The next day, you shared with us the cookies my grandmother baked. That moment, I knew you were my grandmother’s new friend.”

“I saw your sadness and remembered mine. Sorry for hugging you, I just needed comfort that moment. But I was happy you hugged me back.” “I was just walking around, I was surprised when I saw you on the swing. I went there to talk to you and try to see if you’re doing well. I had your photo taken but you felt weak when you saw Cyndi’s photo. I wondered why.”

“I let you lie on my lap. I didn’t want to wake you. You were like a princess that I can’t resist staring at you.” “I was standing on the door; I was actually waiting for you. I saw you, I knew something’s wrong, you fainted. Good thing I was able to catch you.”