"My Angel in Disguise" 28

“Hey Daphne, why are you sad?” asked Daniel as he walked together with Daphne. “I miss her” said Daphne with a sad face. “I wish we could go back to 8th grade and make things right” said Daphne. “But, you can’t, you just can’t. Let’s be realistic, okay? Let’s just enjoy vacation before 10th grade starts” Daniel said to Daphne.

“Hey! What’s up people?” said Daniel as he saw Natalie and Russell sitting on the bleachers. “Hay, same old place” said Daniel as he sat down. Daniel suddenly became quiet, “Why, is something wrong? Does something hurt?” asked Daphne. “Same old place, but not same old people” said Daniel. “You were so happy awhile ago and you even told me to be happy” said Daphne as she frowned. “You may laugh as long as you want because people believe that laughter is the best medicine but, sometimes, we laugh too hard that we start to cry. We’re only fooling of ourselves trying to be happy while deep inside we’re completely not” said Russell as he played with the soccer ball.

“Are we going to end this year with frowns and sadness?” asked Natalie as she stood up. “I know that Cyndi can see us and she won’t be happy seeing us like this guys” she added. “It’s been a year now, aren’t we going to move on?” asked Natalie. “Nat, it’s not that easy” said Daniel. Russell looked at Natalie and stood up then walked away. “Where are you going dude?” asked Daniel. “To where, the same old place” said Natalie as she sat down. “Hey you, not just because Russell rejected your love for him that you have to kill dead. You obviously know that he loves Cyndi then you’ll confess” said Daniel. “I was trying to help him move on” said Natalie as she kicked dirt.

Russell went to the place where Cyndi died and sat beside the tree. Tiffany saw Russell so he accompanied him. “You still miss Cyndi, don’t you?” asked Tiffany as she hugged her knees. Russell remained quiet looking at the ground. “You actually love her” said Tiffany that made Russell look at her. Tiffany smiled at him and said “I saw it in your eyes when you were chasing her at school that day as she cried. But, you stopped chasing her, I wonder why?” “She was going to meet my grandmother, that’s why” answered Russell. “Your grandmother?” asked Tiffany. “Yeah, I didn’t want my grandmother to see me chasing Cyndi as she went to the park that day” said Russell. “How did they meet?” asked Tiffany. “My granny was sitting on Cyndi’s favorite bench, that’s how they met. Then they started chatting to one another, they talked about me” said Russell as he smiled.

“Then?” asked Tiffany. “My granny told Cyndi how cold I am to her and my mom. I don’t know what Cyndi told my granny but the second time they meet, I wanted to see if the girl my granny’s talking about was…” uttered Russell. “The girl you secretly liked?” asked Tiffany with a big teasing smile. “Then I was right, I followed them then, I always look at how they talk and how granny would comfort her. One time, I saw granny baking cupcakes, she saved some for me but I didn’t eat them because I didn’t want to. But, the next day, Cyndi shared some cupcakes to us; I cannot reject her, I don’t know why. I just accepted and ate the cupcake. She was telling our story as she gave out those cupcakes, telling how frigid granny’s grandson is. That time, I remembered granny, how good she baked and how eager she was when she taught me how to play piano” Russell told Tiffany as he smiled.