"My Angel in Disguise" 5

Cyndi was walking along the corridor when she saw Daniel going opposite her direction. Cyndi didn’t mind him and continued to walk but Daniel stopped walking and went to Cyndi. “Cyndi” called Daniel as he stood beside her. Cyndi looked at him with suspicious eyes and asked “Do I know you?” “Did hitting your head cause you to have amnesia?” Daniel asked with sarcasm as he smiled. “Uh…” uttered Cyndi as she thought; “Remember we hit you with a ball yesterday?” Daniel asked. “Oh, sorry, I didn’t have my glasses on yesterday, that’s why I can’t remember your face” said Cyndi as she fixed her eye glasses. “Oh, yeah, I’m awfully sorry about that” Daniel apologized sincerely. “It’s no big, I already have new ones” said Cyndi.

Daphne saw them talking and so she went there to talk to Cyndi. “Cyndi, how are you, are you still dizzy or something?” asked Daphne. “I’m fine Daphne & thank you for worrying” Cyndi told Daphne. Cyndi’s phone rang and she answered it, “Hello? Yes? Really, you did that for us? Thank you! I’d be glad to tell my friend. Thank you so much!” said Cyndi. “Who was it?” asked Daphne as they walked. “It was my godfather and he helped me help a friend” said Cyndi as she kept her phone. “Friend, who?” asked Daphne, “Oh, I just met him yesterday in the store where I had these glasses made” she said as she smiled. “You helped someone whom you just met yesterday?” Daniel asked surprisingly as he stopped walking.

“Well, yeah, why?” asked Cyndi as she looked at Daniel. “Nothing, it’s just something new. Why do you do that?” asked Daniel then they continued walking. “She does it for a cause and I don’t think you’ll understand that Daniel” answered Daphne with a sarcastic smile. “Hey Cyndi, want to hang out with us later after class? We won’t have our last period class because our teacher’s absent” asked Daphne, “Why’s she absent?” asked Cyndi. “I don’t know, our class president just announced it” answered Daphne. “She announced with an incomplete number of students in her class?” asked Cyndi. Daphne was speechless when Cyndi asked that question. “I think I should go now since we don’t have our last period, you guys have fun! Bye!” said Cyndi as she walked away.

Daphne and Daniel just looked at Cyndi as she walked away when Russell came to them. “I thought you two were looking at me” said Russell as he stood there beside them. They went to their hang out place and sat there. “Hey, what’s bugging you?” Daniel asked Daphne. “Is it Cyndi?” he added. Daphne looked at Daniel and nodded. “Did your class president really announced without your other classmates?” asked Daniel as he took a sip of his soda. Daphne looked at Daniel and frowned as she answered “She was the only one who’s not around… I didn’t tell her that because I didn’t want her to get hurt.”

“But eventually, you’ll just hurt her even more and deeper” said Russell calmly as he opened his can of soda and drank. “I think he’s right Daphne, you should be honest to her. Besides, you chose Cyndi to be your friend, you should face the hardships and consequences” said Daniel as he comforted Daphne. “Why did you even befriend her on the first place, you’re not like her” asked Russell. Daniel had a dagger look on Russell as Daphne was surprised; both looking at Russell, he saw them. “I’m saying the truth, Daphne’s not like her” said Russell.