"My Angel in Disguise" 50

“You know, Kathryn’s acting strange these past few days” Natalie told them. “Yeah, I’m kind a scared too, she’s really reminding me of our late friend” Daphne added. “Nah, she can’t be reincarnated; I don’t think so” said Daniel. They all looked at Daniel, “No one said about reincarnation” said Natalie as she snob at Daniel.

“You’ve got to be kidding me” said Tiffany when they arrived at Kathryn’s house. Kathryn went and picked the Champagne Rose she found. “Who’s it from?” Tiffany asked, “I have no idea, everyday I go home from school, there’ll be a piece here” Kathryn said. “Aunt Grace, we’re here” Kathryn said as they entered. “Oh, you’re home. Hello there” Grace greeted them. “She’s Tiffany” Kathryn introduced her. “She’s Aunt Grace, she’s my caretaker” Kathryn said as they went upstairs. “This is your room?” Tiffany asked Kathryn, “Yeah, it’s simple and a little vintage but I love it” she told Tiffany. “You love flowers” Tiffany said when she saw the flower vase with Champagne Roses. “Yeah, especially these; Russell likes them too” Kathryn said as she placed the new rose in the vase.

“Russell?” Tiffany thought as she placed her bag on the table. Tiffany looked around and saw photos since Kathryn was little until now. “Where’s your dad?” Tiffany asked her, “He’s out of the country working with his affiliates.” “She doesn’t have any photo of being Cyndi” Tiffany thought. “Hey, I’ll be right back” said Kathryn as she went out of the room and downstairs. “Cyndi, can I use the rest room?” Tiffany asked and looked back. Aunt Grace was standing on the door looking at Tiffany. “I’m… I’m sorry, I was just thinking of my old friend, slip of a tongue” Tiffany explained. Aunt Grace stared at her and smiled. “Tiffany, did you call me? What are you doing here Aunt Grace?” Kathryn asked her. “I just brought something up” Grace told Kathryn then she went down.

Tiffany can’t sleep, so she decided to go down and drink some water. When she went to the kitchen, she saw Aunt Grace, sitting outside the garden. Tiffany went there and gave her a glass of water then sat beside her. “Are you her new classmate?” Grace asked her. “Yeah, we’ve been close since school started” Tiffany shared her. “How’s she doing?” Grace asked with concern, “She’s doing fine but something’s bothering her. She’s suffering memory loss, she lost something important” Tiffany said as she looked at Grace. “I know you know this too and I hope that we can talk this out because it’s not only us that suffer, she suffers too, you know” Tiffany added.

“She’s been through a hard time, she doesn’t have a mother anymore, her father’s outside the country, and she only has me to take good care of her. But, I was wrong of letting her go by herself, I trusted her so much and I love her so I had to set her free. Before 5thth grade started, she told me that she had many friends, but she felt that they were just using her and taking her for granted. I felt her pain, I was also hurt. One day, to my surprise, she stopped fixing herself; she wore thick eyeglasses and retainers. I started to wonder why but then, as she looked me in the eyes with her teary pitiful eyes, I hugged and understood her.

“Before 7th grade started, she decided to live alone by herself and have a new name, I would always send her allowance. I was worried how she lived life during those days. Was she happy, was she comfortable, was she enjoying, was she living well? I never knew, I never visited, she asked me not to interfere and I had no choice but to follow her. I would call her regularly and ask how she’s doing, she’d respond happily and I can feel her happiness that made my heart happy too. But one night, someone phoned me and said that she was in the hospital. My heart was shattered into pieces as I went to the hospital. A young man was waiting outside the emergency room and crying as he waited for the doctor. He approached me and asked if I know Cyndi. I nodded and sat down with him” Aunt Grace shared Tiffany as she listened carefully.