"My Angel in Disguise" 7

Cyndi kept quiet and scratched her head. The old woman looked at her and said “I’m sorry young one; granny’s just a little upset, she didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.” Cyndi looked at the old woman and asked “But, did it make you feel any better after saying those harsh words to me? Because if they did, just go on, just so granny’s happy, it’s fine with me” said Cyndi. “Who are you anyway and why did you sit beside me?” granny asked. “Oh, I’m Cyndi and, this bench is my favorite bench. I sit here everyday if I happen to pass by the park” answered Cyndi. “Do you want granny to be happy?” asked granny as she looked at Cyndi. “Sure, but how?” Cyndi curiously asked. “Pass by here every afternoon after school and chat with granny, is that okay?” asked granny with a smile. “Sure, if that’s what can make granny happy” answered Cyndi.

The next day, Daphne was waiting for Cyndi in the corridors. “I found the lost feeling again; I wonder why Russell even asked that offending question. I should be mad but instead, I was thankful he did ask” Daphne thought. “Cyndi” Daphne called her and walked beside her. “I want to ask…” Daphne opened the conversation. “Yes?” asked Cyndi. “You fixed me, right? I mean you gave me this image” said Daphne, “Keep going” said Cyndi. “How about…” continued Daphne, “No Daphne” answered Cyndi. Cyndi faced Daphne, “I love the way I am and I hope you can love me too” said Cyndi as she walked to their seats.

“Daphne, I didn’t even ask you to befriend me, to be always with me” said Cyndi. “But, I want to be your friend” said Daphne. “Then, I’m sorry you chose to have a friend like me who looks like this” said Cyndi and ate. “I’m sorry Cyndi” said Daphne as she stood up and walked away. Tiffany saw them, so she stood up and went to Cyndi.

Daphne sat with Daniel and his friends, “Hey, what’s wrong?” asked Daniel. Tiffany sat in front of Cyndi and talked to her. “Did you lose your only friend now?” asked Tiffany sarcastically. “I’m so sorry for you” said Tiffany as she mixed her ice cream that they nearly melted. “Tiffany, don’t you have anything else left to do but to bug me?” Cyndi asked seriously. Daphne saw Tiffany and looked at them. “Daphne, aren’t you going to help Cyndi?” asked Daniel.

Tiffany stood up and slowly poured the melted ice cream on Cyndi’s hair and smiled. “There, your new ribbon looks good on you” said Tiffany then left. Natalie, one of Daniel’s classmates/friends stood up and came to Cyndi. “Let’s go to the rest room and have you fixed” Natalie told Cyndi as she got her up.

Daniel looked at Daphne and frowned, “It looks like she has a new friend” said Russell as he stood up and went out of the cafeteria. “Why is your friend torturing me?” asked Daphne. “Russell, he… He’s just so expressive of his thoughts and he never really cares of what others may think” answered Daniel as he comforted Daphne. “That’s one thing I like about him, he says what he wants, so he gets it” said Daniel.