"My Angel in Disguise" 31

They all looked at Tiffany, all dumbstruck. “You didn’t even know that your best friend likes Cyndi” said Tiffany, referring to Daniel. “Okay, I was wrong. I know I lack understanding” Daniel claimed. “Our enrollment is near, but Russell, when is he coming back?” Daniel asked with concern. “I’ll try to call him” said Natalie. “He called me last night” said Tiffany as she still solved the cube. They all looked at her again. “What did he tell you?” asked Daniel with curiosity. Tiffany had a sad expression as she faced them. “He… he’s going to…” uttered Tiffany. “He’s going to see us next week” she finally said and smiled. Then they all smiled and laughed, “Whoo! We’re still complete!” shouted Natalie. The three of them looked at Natalie and wondered. “I’m sorry” Natalie apologized.

“I’m enrolled already!” said Daphne as she went to them. “Congratulations!” said Tiffany as she hugged Daphne. “Let’s see our schedules” said Daniel, “We’re in the same classes?!” asked Daphne. “I think so” answered Natalie; “This is so cool” answered Tiffany. “They said this will be the last time they’ll reshuffle our batch” said Natalie. “But, Russell?” asked Daniel, “He’s a late enrollee but he told me that his mom called school already” said Tiffany. “Cool, enrollment through phone?” asked Daniel then they all laughed.

Someone took Tiffany’s attention; it was a girl walking to the gate of the school. “Hey, Tiffany” said Daphne, Daniel looked at what Tiffany was looking at. “Whoa, Tiff, don’t tell me you’re a tomboy?” asked Daniel then laughed. “Tiff, why?” asked Daphne, “Nothing, she just seems familiar” said Tiffany. Natalie looked at the girl too and thought.

One day, Natalie was at the park of their subdivision, she was waiting for her friend. She was sitting on the seats with tables when she saw the girl whom Tiffany was staring at back at school. The girl was swinging herself on the swing as she held a flower on her hand. Suddenly her cell phone rang, “Oh, it’s okay, park wasn’t that far from our place. Sure, bye” Natalie said on the phone call. She carefully examined the girl and thought, “Why was Tiffany’s attention taken by this girl?” The girl saw her and smiled sincerely at her, she just looked at her. The girl stood up from the swing and walked to her.

“Why do I have the creepy feeling that she’s the girl from The Ring and she’s going to eat me?” Natalie thought. The girl gave Natalie the flower she was holding and smiled sweetly. “Uh… Thank you” said Natalie. “I often see you” the girl said, Natalie just looked at her with wonder. “I live near your place” the girl continued. “You just moved here?” Natalie asked. The girl nodded and said, “I have no friends yet and I was kind of hoping we could be friends?” Natalie was at ease; she finally smiled and nodded, “Sure, we can be friends” Natalie said.

“Thank you for talking with me” the girl said as they walked back home. “Sure, it was no big deal. But, what flower is this?” Natalie asked. “Oh, that’s a Dandelion. You can blow it then it will fly away one by one” the girl said. “I’ll do it later; thank you” said Natalie as the girl waved at her. Natalie saw her enter the mansion and thought “She looks strange and scary but…”