"My Angel in Disguise" 15

Cyndi looked at him and said “I won’t return this to you unless I had them washed.” Russell smiled and looked at the view. “I can’t understand why you’re feeling so down when everything around you is so light” said Russell. “It’s not the environment” Cyndi answered. “I never liked someone in my life before” she opened up then Russell suddenly looked at her. “Keep going” said Russell. “Then you’ll find out that your best friend likes the same guy too” Cyndi shared him. Russell looked at her and started to feel sad as well. “We’re in the same boat” he told her. “I like someone too but my friend likes her too” said Russell. “Isn’t it painful that you want to burst?” asked Cyndi as she continued crying.

“And, the most painful part is that people talk of you being ugly, saying that no one will court you because of your appearance which is unattractive at all. Why don’t they just slap me, that’s much better but I don’t hate them at all because I don’t know them and I cannot judge them without knowing them” Cyndi continued saying as she cried really hard. Russell then knelt down and gave Cyndi a comfortable hug. “It’s okay, you shouldn’t listen to them because, and they don’t know you. Who cares of how you look, but deep inside you’re an angel in disguise” Russell said as he hugged her.

“Hey, where’s Cyndi?” asked Daphne as she stood there with Daniel. “Oh, we’re sorry Daphne, Daniel. We had hurt her feelings; we don’t know where she wandered” said Daniel’s classmates. “What did you do?” asked Daniel. “We were gossiping about you and Daphne and said that Daphne’s pretty unlike her friend… We didn’t know she was there” they answered. “How can you judge someone without even knowing her?” asked Daphne then ran away looking for Cyndi.

“Stop crying” Russell said, and then he handed out a small Champagne Rose out of nowhere. “Where did you get that? I didn’t see you holding any flower when you came here” said Cyndi as she wiped her tears. Russell placed the rose on Cyndi’s left ear as he said “Flowers represent happiness, they make people happy and I want people to know that all of us deserve to be happy even in the darkest times of our lives. You’re amazing, just the way you are.” Cyndi was looking at him as he sat back down on the ground. They were staring at one another that whole time when Daphne saw them. “Cyndi, is that you?” she shouted and ran to them. “Cyndi, are you okay?” Daphne asked her. “Yeah, I’m fine” she answered as she looked at Russell.

“Are you sure you’re fine? You’re with Russell, I don’t think he’d make anyone feel better” said Daphne as Russell smiled, stood up and walked away from them. Cyndi smiled and said “Trust me, I know what I’m saying” Cyndi said as he looked back to see Russell walk. “I heard what those girls said, don’t think of them, okay?” said Daphne as Cyndi nodded. “Well, if ever Russell said anything sweet, don’t fall for it, okay? Remember he’s so strange and philosophical?” said Daphne. “I think he just made me feel better” Cyndi told Daphne as he touched the rose.

“Cyndi, we’re sorry for hurting your feelings, we really didn’t mean to” the girls apologized to Cyndi. “It’s okay, apology accepted” Cyndi said and smiled. After apologizing the three girls walked away and one of them said, “If only I know she was that kind, I would never talk about her appearance but rather talk about her character.”