"My Angel in Disguise" 4

“Are you really like that?” asked Stanley; “Like what?” asked Cyndi. “You’re so serious” said Stanley. “Oh, shouldn’t I behave like this when talking to elders?” asked Cyndi with interest. “I’m not actually like this, I’m… I’m pretending to be like one though. I have problems too you know” she answered. Daisy came and fixed their table then later on placed their orders. “Let’s eat” said Cyndi as she ate her meal. Stanley was watching her eat, “Why, what’s wrong?” Cyndi asked as she wiped her mouth. “You eat so… politely” Stanley said as he took a bite of his meal. “What was that again, about your problem? I’ve shared mine and I’m willing to listen to yours” Stanley told her.

Cyndi smiled and looked at him. “I don’t think I’ll share them to you this quick, it’s too confidential. Maybe I’ll ponder about that later. Anyway, what happened to your mother now? Why’s she living at your place? Doesn’t your wife complain?” Cyndi asked. “No, she doesn’t. She’s so kind that she even takes good care of my mother” Stanley answered. “What’s her sickness?” Cyndi kept asking. “She has pneumonia” he answered. “Oh, sorry to hear that; does she take any medicine?” she asked. “No, we can’t afford them” he answered with a sigh. “How about your son, what happened to him?” she asked then took a bite of her bread. “He has asthma” he sadly answered. “How old is he?” she asked, “Turning two this year” he answered. “Cool, he’s still a baby! Can I see him?” asked Cyndi. Stanley took out a picture of his son and showed it to Cyndi. “He’s so cute, I want to see him someday. Can I?” Cyndi asked Stanley. “Sure” he answered.

After they had eaten, Cyndi was writing on a paper and kept it inside her bag. She called Daisy and asked for the chit. She paid and waited for the change as she stared at the flower. “Here’s your change, thank you” said Cyndi. “Here’s your tip” said Cyndi as she placed an envelope on the table and left them. Stanley looked at Daisy and took the envelope. There was a sticky paper on it and it said “Sorry if this isn’t too much. I really had fun meeting you two and am hoping to get along real soon. Cyndi.”

Stanley opened the envelope and found money. He stood up and went out of the restaurant to look for Cyndi but he couldn’t find her. Daisy followed him and asked why. Stanley gave her the envelope and she opened it. She was also surprised with what she saw. “What did you do, did you threaten her?” Daisy asked Stanley. “No, I told her our problems” Stanley answered with teary eyes. “She stopped me from stealing and reminded me that someone up there is watching our every action” he added. “She’s… so kind” said Daisy. “I even judged her appearance and now I’m guilty. I’m sorry” she added.

Cyndi went home and took a bath then dressed. “I’m happy to meet them” she said and smiled. She took her cell phone and called Dave. “Hey, Dave, yes, I am… Cool, you saved my number now. Can you help me check if we know someone from a restaurant named ‘Don Henry’s’? Okay, I’ll wait for your call. Thanks” she said then hanged.

Not long, her phone rang and she looked at it. “Why would my godfather be calling me?” she asked then answered. “Hey! Yes, it’s been a long time since you visited. Oh I’m asking because I have a friend and he needs a job, he happens to be a cook and he’s willing to work at Don Henry’s. The manager said there were no available positions. He badly needs the job because he has financial problems. The branch near us is the nearest one to him. You’ll help us? Thank you! You’re the best godfather! Thank you, bye” said Cyndi then she hanged the phone.