"My Angel in Disguise" 18

Daphne burst out with tears when she heard what Daniel had to say. “Becomes your girlfriend?” Daphne slowly asked. Natalie and Russell looked at Daphne as she cried and stood still beside Daniel. “Yes, why?” asked Daniel as he looked up on Daphne. “You’re… you’re courting her?” Daphne asked again. Daniel kept silent and answered “I was supposed to.” “If Cyndi was pretty” Russell chimed in. “I think I’ll go now, I’ve had enough of drams for this day” Russell said as he stood up and took his bag.

Cyndi was running and crying at the same time as she thought of what Daniel told her. “How can he like someone he doesn’t like?” thought kept running in her mind. Then she slipped and fell down to the ground and laughed at herself. Granny saw her and walked to her, “My dear, what happened to you?” she asked Cyndi as she helped her up. They sat down on the bench and talked to each other. “What’s wrong with you? You’re so wet with your tears!” said granny as she wiped Cyndi’s face. Cyndi told her the story and granny felt sad for her. “I told you, I’ll introduce my grandson to you! If he hurts you, I’ll punish him” said granny. Cyndi started to smile and said “Granny, you can’t possibly force two people to love one another. It takes time, effort and the chance for two people to fall in love.”

“Cyndi, I have something for you” said granny as she handed a big box to Cyndi. “What’s this?” she asked as she carried the box. “It’s a chocolate cake” said granny. “Did you bake it or did Mr. Baker bake them?” asked Cyndi as she started to smile. “We baked it” answered granny with a big smile. “I hope it will make you feel better. My grandson said that, chocolates can make girls feel lighter inside and more comfortable” said granny. “Why did he tell you that?” asked Cyndi with wondering. “I don’t know I had forgotten why he did” granny answered. Cyndi looked at the box of cake and smiled sweetly.

Cyndi was sitting on her chair thinking of what Daniel told her and sadness covered her lonely heart. She looked at her table and saw the Champagne Rose that Russell had given her, “I still wonder how he got this rose out of nowhere” she whispered.

“Oh Russell” said Natalie as Russell sat beside her on the bleachers. “Why?” he asked her. “For you” Natalie said as she handed him a plastic container with a piece of cake in it. Russell looked at Natalie first before taking it. “It’s not from me, I don’t bake” said Natalie. Russell took the container and opened it. “Cyndi shared her cake to all of us, too bad Daniel and Daphne aren’t here” said Natalie. “Where’s Cyndi?” asked Russell, “I don’t know where she went, she just passed by to give these” said Natalie. “Where are Daniel and Daphne?” he asked again, “I think I saw them at the garden” answered Natalie.