"My Angel in Disguise" 3

“Can we talk?” the guy asked her; they went to the park and sat down on one of the benches there. The guy removed his hat and shades and placed them in his bag. “Can you really help me find a job?” the guy asked her. “Yes, I can and I’m happy to do it, I’m happy to help and thank you for not stealing” Cyndi told him with a smile. “I’m Stanley” the guy introduced himself and shook hand with her, “I’m Cyndi.” “I didn’t really want to steal. I just have my problems” Stanley shared Cyndi as he looked on the ground. “You plan to steal right? What if you get caught isn’t that another problem? You just can’t possible solve a problem with another problem” Cyndi told him as she seriously looked at him.

“I know, when you mentioned someone up there, I… I was awakened and I thank you for that” Stanley told Cyndi. “I really want a decent job so I can help my family not temporarily” Stanley added as he coughed. “What kind of job do you want anyway?” she asked him politely. “I don’t know but, as much as possible, I want to do good deeds” he answered as he looked at Cyndi. “Okay, you want to do good deeds? I’ll help you look for a job” Cyndi told him as she sat straight. “But, you’re still young, what do you know?” asked Stanley. Cyndi took her cell phone and called someone. “Hello Dave? This is Cyndi. I mean... Yes, yes, I am. Can you help me look for a regular job offering? Yeah. No, it’s not for me; it’s for a friend of mine. Really, okay, just give me a call, okay? Thanks a lot, bye” Cyndi hanged up and kept her cell phone.

“He’s going to find a job for you and I will be informing you later on” said Cyndi as she fixed her bag. “But, I need money now” Stanley said as he looked on the ground again. “Why do you need money?” Cyndi asked him seriously. “My mom is sick and so is my son, my wife works as a waitress and we cannot afford to pay bills and buy medicines” Stanley said as his eyes filled with tears. “Take me to the restaurant where your wife works, I’m hungry” Cyndi said as she stood up and invited Stanley.

Stanley took Cyndi to the restaurant where his wife worked and when his wife Daisy saw them, she came and asked for their orders. “Good afternoon” she said as she placed the menu on the table. Cyndi took the menu and scanned them. “Any luck?” Daisy asked her husband as Stanley pointed to Cyndi. “What do you mean?” Daisy asked with curiosity. “I’ll have this dish and this dessert please” Cyndi said as she placed the menu back on the table. “Hey, look for something to eat, it’s on me” Cyndi offered Stanley. Daisy was looking at Cyndi when she wrote what she ordered.

“Hey, why didn’t you work here anyway? Salary’s too low?” Cyndi asked Stanley as she touched the flowers on the table. “No, they didn’t hire me. They said there were no positions available as of the moment” Stanley answered as he looked at his wife. “Oh… What position did you apply for? No, what position has the highest salary except the manager?” Cyndi asked again then she looked at Daisy and Stanley. “The chef has a high salary” Daisy answered as she took Stanley’s order. “Do you want to be a chef?” Cyndi asked Stanley as she sat down and relaxed. “I can cook” Stanley said and smiled. “Don’t lie Stanley; he loves to cook” Daisy chimed in as she took the menu. Daisy walked away and went to the kitchen.