"My Angel in Disguise" 36

“But, this song has another version” Russell explained, “Which one are you playing anyway? I saw the time signature and it’s supposed to be slow and sorrowful. Maybe you got the wrong piece” Rose told her grandson. “I’m learning this version” said Russell, “Because this is what she was singing” Russell thought. “Well, keep playing then, I like the song” Rose told her grandson. Russell kept learning the piece then as his grandmother watched him play. “How proud I am to have you as my grandson” Rose thought.

Tiffany was still solving her rubix cube as they sat on the bleachers. Kathryn was watching Tiffany, “Tiff, can I try it?” she asked her. “You have hard times with your head, I don’t think so” answered Tiffany. Kathryn just pouted and watched Russell and Daniel play soccer. Kathryn was looking at Daniel; Tiffany took a glance at her and sat beside her. “Why are you staring at Daniel?” she asked her. Kathryn looked at Tiffany and said, “He…” Kathryn suddenly became quiet and sad, “Hey, I didn’t mean to make you sad nor offend you” Tiffany told Kathryn. “I don’t know I just seem so sad when I see him” Kathryn answered. Tiffany had a strange look on Kathryn and wondered.

Kathryn was walking on her way home and passed by a flower shop. She saw lots of beautiful flowers and decided to enter. “May I help you miss?” asked Gloria as she saw Kathryn. Kathryn smiled at her, “Do you have Champagne Roses?” she asked her. “Yes we have them” answered Michael then she saw Gloria looking at Kathryn. “Can I see them?” Kathryn asked with pleasure. “Sure, they’re over here” Michael answered. “Are you okay?” Michael asked Gloria, “It’s as if…” uttered Gloria, “How much for these?” Kathryn asked. “Thank you” Kathryn said as she walked; “Miss” Michael called her. “Do often pass by” Michael told her, Kathryn smiled and nodded.

Kathryn went her mother’s graveyard and placed the roses there; “These are for you mom, I didn’t know that you call them Champagne Roses. They’re so pretty, aren’t they?” she told her mom. Russell was playing the song and it sounded great, “Well played my grandson!” Rose shouted as she clapped her hands. Russell smiled as his grandmother hugged him. Helen was looking at them as they hugged. “Why are you learning this song anyway?” Helen asked with a smile, Russell looked at his mom then at his grandmother, smiled then ran to his room. “Well, what ever the reason is, I’m happy for him” said Rose.

One afternoon, Kathryn was walking on the park when she passed by an old lady carrying a box and her bag; she was staring blankly at the sky. Kathryn sat beside her and broke the ice. “What are you looking at?” she asked her. The old lady looked at her and examined her from head to toe. “The sky, I’m looking up, am I not?” the old lady snob at her. Kathryn made a strange face and looked the other way. The old lady looked at her and said “She didn’t come but instead you did.” Kathryn looked at the old lady, “Who?” Kathryn asked. “My friend” the old lady answered. “It’s been a long time since we saw each other, maybe a year already or two. I miss her badly” granny told Kathryn. Kathryn smiled, “I can be your friend” she told the old lady. “Thank you” granny gently said as she handed Kathryn the box. “What are these?” she asked the old lady. “I always give her sweets, I hope you like them too” granny told Kathryn. “I baked cookies for her but she didn’t show up again, I wonder where she had gone” she continued. “I’ll be here for granny” Kathryn happily told the old lady.