"My Angel in Disguise" 45

“Is there anything else?” asked Daisy. “Have I seen you before?” Kathryn asked Daisy. Daisy smiled and answered “You ate here before.” Kathryn slowly nodded and apologized to her. “Are you okay?” asked Tiffany. “Remember I told you she looked familiar?” asked Kathryn as Tiffany looked at Daisy. “So, how were you and your father?” Kathryn asked Tiffany. Tiffany was surprised that she stared at Kathryn with her mouth half open as she was about to eat.

“Why, did I say something wrong?” asked Kathryn. “How did you know I had a father? You never even saw my mom” Tiffany told Kathryn. “I don’t know I just seem to know that I know you have a father” Kathryn answered as she looked at Tiffany. “Well, I took my friend’s advice and visited him” said Tiffany. Kathryn just looked at her, “I didn’t know how but I apologized for running away, he was crying as I told him my story. He then hugged me and said that he was sorry for what he did to me before. I’m glad things turned out well” she continued. Kathryn nodded and kept eating as Tiffany looked at her.

Tiffany came home with Kathryn, “Hey, there’s a rose outside your house” said Tiffany. Kathryn picked it up and looked around. “Any idea who leaves them here?” Tiffany asked her. Kathryn shook her head and said “No, no idea at all.” Tiffany smiled as she bid goodbye to her friend.

“Kathryn, what are you going to do with these strips of papers?” Daphne asked her as she fixed the strips of papers. “Nothing, just for fun” Kathryn said as she smiled. Daphne looked at her friend and wondered. One day, Kathryn was in the bakery, going to buy bread. To her surprise, she saw a little kid stealing bread. She went to the kid and asked “Why are you putting them in your pockets? They will place them inside a paper bag there after paying for them.”

The kid just looked at her then ran outside. “Hey, you!” the vendor shouted at the kid. “He always steals!” the vendor said as he scratched his head. “I’ll pay for what he took” Kathryn said as she paid hers as well. Kathryn was walking in the park when she saw the kid from the bakery together with a little girl. She watched them as they munched the bread that the kid had stolen.

Kathryn sat on the grass with them. The kid looked at her and remembered her so he stood up and was about to run but Kathryn grabbed his arm and put him back to sit. “Where do you think you’re going?” Kathryn asked him. The kid just frowned, “Your little sister’s thirsty, let her drink this” said Kathryn as she handed the kid her bottle of soda. The kid looked at her then gave the drink to his sister. “Where are your parents?” she asked him. “They… They died already” he answered her.

“How did they die?” she asked, “They were both killed when robbers went in our house that night” the kid answered. “We hid in the attic so they wouldn’t find us” he added. “I’m sorry to hear that” said Kathryn as she looked at them. “What’s your name?” she asked the little boy, “Carlo, and this is my little sister, Jane” he answered. “Where do you live now?” Kathryn asked them. “In the streets” Carlo answered, Kathryn looked at them and felt pain inside her heart.