"My Angel in Disguise" 8

“Are you okay? We’ll wash your hair, come” said Natalie as she washed Cyndi’s hair and put shampoo on it. “You have shampoo in your bag?” Cyndi asked with surprise. “Well, yeah, I have make up kits too and later, I will fix you” said Natalie as she rinsed her hair. “Where’s Natalie?” Daniel asked Russell. “I didn’t see her” answered Russell and sat down on the bleachers. “Why did you have to help me?” Cyndi asked Natalie as Natalie fixed Cyndi’s hair. “I didn’t want to see my neighbor like that” answered Natalie with a big smile. “Neighbor?” asked Cyndi, “Yeah, the building where you live in is next to ours” Natalie told her. “There, much better” she added, “Thank you” Cyndi sincerely said. 

“I’m really wrong, I should’ve not left her alone” said Daphne. “There’s no use of feeling regret now, it’s been done. Trust me, there’s something better to do” answered Russell. “Hey, Ssel, don’t speak if you don’t have something nice to say” said Daniel. “Daniel, he’s right. I should apologize” said Daphne. “There they are” she said when she saw Natalie and Cyndi. “I had her fixed” said Natalie. “Next time Tiffany bullies you, why don’t you fight back?” asked Natalie as she fixed Cyndi’s hair. “If you fight fire with fire, you’ll only get a bigger fire” Cyndi answered as she looked at Natalie. Natalie smiled at her and nodded. “Well, at least you did look a little better” said Daniel. “Thanks, I, have to go” said Cyndi. “Cyndi” called Daphne, “I…” she said. “It’s no big deal” said Cyndi. “Where are you going?” asked Daphne. “Going to have a chat with a new friend at the park, she’s really nice and, I promised I’ll make her happy by chatting with her, bye!” said Cyndi as she ran away.

“Cyndi’s really nice” said Natalie. “You don’t even know her Nat” said Daniel as he looked at Natalie. “She’s my neighbor. One time I saw her help an old woman cross the road, helped a little kid carry his luggage, helped someone pay what she bought because she lacked money, helped someone make her birthday wish come true, I also saw her at the park playing with little street kids and I just saw her helping a lot of people” said Natalie. “Okay, I’m dumbstruck, you know her well” said Daniel. “How can you two be neighbors?” he asked again, “The building where she lives in is next to ours” said Natalie.

“And now she’s going to chat with someone she just met? Isn’t it dangerous?” asked Daniel. “She said ‘her’, it might be a girl or a lady” said Natalie. “Nonetheless, it’s still dangerous” said Daniel. “She told me that she met an old lady sitting at her favorite bench so she had a conversation with her and ended up being friends” Daphne shared them. “I’d better go now” said Russell as he stood up.

“Granny, you’re here, I’m sorry I’m late” said Cyndi as she sat down beside her. “It’s okay, where have you been?” asked granny. “I’ve been from school” said Cyndi. “Why are you so beautiful today?” asked granny as she unpacked something. “Oh, someone poured ice cream on me” answered Cyndi as she looked at granny. “What, why did that person do that to you?” asked granny. “She hated me so much because I’m ugly and she’s pretty” answered Cyndi as she looked on the ground. Granny held her hand and smiled at her. “Don’t be sad, granny’s here for you. Here, eat these cupcakes, I baked them this morning for you” said granny as she handed one to Cyndi. “Thank you granny” said Cyndi. “She hated you because of your appearance? She might be pretty but she doesn’t have a golden heart like you do” granny said as she smiled at Cyndi.