"My Angel in Disguise" 26

After that moment of sharing, they all lined up to go to their chapel to pray for Cyndi. Daniel, Natalie and Russell saw the group and joined them pray. Not long, Russell saw Natalie and Daniel crying. Daphne saw them and went to pray with them. “I still can’t believe what happened” said Natalie as they walked. “Same with us here Natalie, me and Daphne were in the gardens when Russell came running then shouted at us that Cyndi’s not yet home” said Daniel. Daniel suddenly stopped walking then looked at Russell. “How did you know she wasn’t home yet?” asked Daniel with a curious look. “I…” uttered Russell, Natalie looked at Russell. “Daniel, stop asking, it already happened, okay?” said Daphne as she looked at Russell.

“Let’s go to the hospital and visit Tiffany. Oh Russell, her mom’s going to ask you a lot of questions” said Daniel as they rode the elevator. Daniel opened the door to Tiffany’s room and saw Kris, Tiffany’s mother. “Good afternoon” they greeted Kris then they looked at Tiffany. “Hey, you’re awake already” said Daphne. “Take a sit please” Kris offered them. “You must be Russell” Kris said as she offered them some biscuits and drinks. Russell nodded, “Can you tell me what happened by connecting Tiffany’s stories with yours?” Kris asked as she took a sit. Tiffany looked at Russell and started her story.

“I told Cyndi that I would go visit our old house and so I did. I went there and looked around; I lied down on my bed with my earphones on and fell asleep. The next thing I remember was, I’m already here” Tiffany said. Russell looked at Tiffany and the others. “According to some people who live near there, they saw Cyndi enter the burning house. One saw from her window so she immediately called the fire volunteers. The volunteers rescued you out but not Cyndi; there was a big post on fire blocking the door to where she was so they decided to return after saving you.

“Unfortunately, when they were going back, the foundation of the house collapsed and the fire grew bigger. It took them quite a long time to kill the fire and finally decided to enter again but they didn’t find her. Only ashes were found there. The chief concluded that, Cyndi saved you and saw the post about to fall on both of you so she pushed you in the corridor almost near the exit and she got hit by the post and was trapped inside the house” Russell shared them.

“You mean she got burned in that house trying to save me?” asked Tiffany as she cried. Daphne started to cry again, “We talked it out that no one will cry” said Daniel as he started to wipe his eyes. “Tiffany started it” said Daphne as she continued crying. “I’m sorry for your friend” Kris said as she started to cry too. “I never thought that Cyndi would save someone whom she just met. I even maltreated her on the first place” Tiffany said with guilt. “She already forgave you Tiffany” said Daphne as Daniel comforted her.

Russell, Daniel, Daphne, Natalie and Tiffany were all standing at the place where the old house used to be. They were all holding one piece of Champagne Rose each. “Why Champagne Rose again?” asked Tiffany, “I thought she likes Marigolds” she added. “Champagne Rose is her favorite” said Russell as he looked at the place. All four of them were looking at Russell and thinking how he knew.