"My Angel in Disguise" 53

“But granny, you can’t possibly force two people to love one another. It takes time, effort and the chance for two people to fall in love” Kathryn told her. Granny looked at her and thought, “I remember those words” she told Kathryn. “My old friend also said that. You actually remind me of her” granny shared her.

“Hello? Yes, wait a second. Granny, you have a phone call!” Helen shouted. “Hello? What? An emergency meeting, okay, I’ll go” said granny as she hanged up. “It’s okay granny” said Russell. “Granny will be right back after the meeting is finished, okay? You go ahead and enjoy” Rose told her grandson as she went out and rode a car.

“Wow, your house is so big” said Daphne as they went in. “Feel at home” said Russell as he entertained his guests. “We’ll stop for now with the remembering, you go enjoy” said Tiffany. “What?” Kathryn asked Tiffany, “Oh, nothing, just enjoy” Tiffany told Kathryn as she smiled. Kathryn looked around and was looking for Russell. “I wonder where he is, this is his party yet he’s missing” Kathryn whispered. She went upstairs and saw piano. She smiled and walked to the piano; she sat down and tried to play.

“What was the note?” Kathryn thought. Russell saw her and smiled; he walked and sat beside her. He looked at her and asked “What are you doing up here?” “I… I was looking for you” Kathryn answered. “Why?” asked Russell. “I was going to give you my gift” said Kathryn. “You really didn’t have to” said Russell. Kathryn handed him her gift; Russell opened it and saw a bracelet. “What’s this?” he asked her. “It’s a Misanga” Kathryn happily answered his question. “Let me tie it on your wrist” Kathryn said as he handed it to her.

Kathryn closed her eyes as she tied and smiled, Russell was looking at her. “There, done” Kathryn said as she smiled. Russell looked at how Kathryn tied it, “How am I going to take it off then?” he asked her. “You’re not supposed to take it off. The person who ties it on you makes a wish. It should be tied somewhat like this so it can’t be taken off anymore” Kathryn explained. Russell looked at her then at the bracelet. “Don’t worry, I made a good wish for you and, when my wish comes true, the Misanga will untie itself” Kathryn told Russell.

“Really, that’s strange” he said as he touched the bracelet. “I have another gift but I’ll give it later” Kathryn said as she smiled at Russell. “Will you do me a favor?” Russell asked her, “Sure, as long as I can do it” Kathryn agreed. “Sing for me” Russell said as he played “Journey” on the piano. Kathryn smiled and sang for him.