"My Angel in Disguise" 32

Since that day, she often saw the girl and talked with her at the subdivision’s park. She became good friends with her, even without knowing her name. Natalie called her the “Flower Girl” and the girl didn’t mind. “I have to go, my caretaker’s probably looking for me now” the girl said as she stood up, “See you again soon” she told Natalie as she walked away. Natalie was staring at her as she walked when someone patted her on her shoulder. “Hey, Nat!” a voice called her but she was still staring at the girl. The person sat in front of her and said “Hey!” Natalie then noticed him and asked “Russell?” He looked at what Natalie was looking at, “You’re a tomboy now Natalie?” Russell asked Natalie. “No, she was just…” Natalie uttered but she stopped, “When did you come back?” she asked him. “Last night” he told her. “Did you have fun?” Natalie asked, “Yeah, of course” Russell answered.

Russell saw that Natalie’s holding a flower and asked “Since when did you start loving flowers too?” “No, she gave it to me” Natalie answered as she looked at the girl, “Oh, so she’s the tomboy?” Russell asked with surprise and sarcasm. “Does she live in our subdivision too?” he asked her; “Yeah” Natalie answered. “Natalie?” Russell called her but Natalie was looking at her then at the flower.

“I’m so excited for our first day of classes!” said Daphne with a grin. “Back to school again, sheesh” said Daniel. Daphne looked at Daniel, “I know, I get to be with you and see you but, studying, it’s just so…” said Daniel. “Let’s go or we’ll be late!” said Natalie as she pulled them. Everyone took their seats and waited for the teacher. Ms. Alyson came in and greeted them and said “Welcome back to school, I hope everyone had a good vacation.”

 “Okay class, I know all of you know each other already because of shuffling. We have a new student, I hope you’ll her nicely, okay?” “Miss, please come in” Ms. Alyson called on the new student. The girl came in and stood in front with Ms. Alyson; “Introduce your self” Ms. Alyson told her. “Flower girl” Natalie whispered. Tiffany heard and looked at her. “Good day, my name is Kathryn, sixteen years old. I came from California and transferred here. I’m hoping to meet everyone” she said as she smiled at them. “I hope you’ll be able to adjust here Kathryn” said Ms. Alyson. “Choose your seat now and we’ll proceed with our assignments for tomorrow.”

Their seats were based on pair, Tiffany has no seat mate so she smiled at Kathryn and moved to the right so Kathryn can sit on the left. “You can sit here” said Tiffany as she placed her bag on her right side. “Thank you” said Kathryn as she sat down. She noticed that the person on her left side was looking at her; she faced him and looked at him. Tiffany saw Kathryn looking at Russell, and then Kathryn asked Tiffany, “Is there something on my face?” Tiffany looked at Kathryn then shook her head. Kathryn wondered why Russell was looking at her then started to copy the assignments.

“You can hang out with me” Tiffany told Kathryn as they walked on the hallway. “Hey Tiff, why don’t you introduce us to your new friend?” asked Daniel. “I’ll introduce her later at our hang out place, where everyone is complete” said Tiffany. “Okay, as you said princess” said Daniel then ran away. “He’s so funny and bubbly” said Kathryn, “Yeah, he’s like that but he’s kind too” said Tiffany.