"My Angel in Disguise" 41

“Hey, we’re about to leave” said Tiffany as she looked for Kathryn. “Has anyone seen Kathryn?” asked Tiffany. No one answered but all shrugged. “You’re going to miss the swing?” asked Russell as he accompanied Kathryn. “No” she smiled as she went around the swing. “What are you doing?” he asked her. “I’m trying to remember the swing” she told him. “Remember the swing?” he surprisingly asked. “I have a bad memory; I’ve forgotten a lot of things lately. I don’t want to forget this swing” Kathryn told Russell. “Why?” he asked her, “Because it’s worth remembering” Kathryn answered as she smiled at Russell. “I’ll take a photo of you sitting at the swing then just so you stop going around” Russell told Kathryn. Kathryn smiled and sat on the swing and posed.

“May I see?” Kathryn asked as she ran to Russell and borrowed his cell phone. Kathryn saw her photo then accidentally pressed the wrong key. She saw a photo of a girl sitting on that same swing, “Sorry” Kathryn said as she handed the phone back. “I think I saw something I should’ve not seen” she added as she held her head. “Are you alright?” asked Russell. “My head hurts” she said as she cried and almost knelt to the ground. Kathryn started crying as Russell tried to comfort her. “My head hurts” she kept on repeating.

Russell and Kathryn sat at the back of the van; Kathryn’s head was lying on Russell’s lap with a pillow. Daniel was driving, Daphne was beside him, Natalie was sleeping; Tiffany looked back and asked Russell what happened. “I took a photo of her sitting on the swing” he told her, “Then?” Tiffany asked. “She pressed the wrong key on my phone and saw a photo” he added. “What photo was it, can I see it?” Tiffany asked. Russell handed her his phone, Tiffany opened it and saw the wallpaper. “She saw this, and then her head started hurting?” Tiffany asked as she returned his phone. “Well, yeah” he answered. Tiffany looked at Russell and thought “He might be able to help me out with this one but, if I tell him, he’ll over react that might scare Kathryn.” “Okay Tiffany, you can do it step by step” she told herself. “Do what?” Russell asked her. “Oh, nothing” Tiffany smiled and sat back again.

“Hey Kathryn, have you done your Math homework?” Daphne asked her; Kathryn nodded as she kept on cutting papers. “Why are you cutting those papers in to thin ones?” Daphne asked with wonder as she sat beside Kathryn. “Oh, I’m doing something, just for a hobby” Kathryn said as she kept on cutting. “Why did you ask about my homework?” she asked Daphne. “Oh, I…” voiced Daphne as she scratched her head, “You can study it” Kathryn said as she smiled. Daphne looked at her and smiled. “Thank you” she told her as she looked at her.

“Has anyone seen Kathryn?” asked Tiffany; “I think I saw her in the library” said Natalie as they walked. “What’s she doing there, homework?” she asked Natalie. “I don’t know but I saw Daphne with her” Natalie told her. “What were you doing lately? You’ve been missing” Tiffany told Kathryn, “Oh, I’m just doing something” Kathryn told Tiffany as she looked at the ground. Kathryn went to the clinic to ask for some medicine when she heard the doctor speaking.

“I’m afraid you cannot donate blood to your brother. You may affect him of your sickness” the doctor told Ms. Alyson. Kathryn was listening to their conversation. “Then I should go look for other donors then, thank you doctor” said Ms. Alyson as she stood up and went out of the clinic looking problematic.