"My Angel in Disguise" 54

After playing, Russell looked at Kathryn and started playing the song he composed for Cyndi. “What’s this song?” Kathryn asked him, “It’s a piece I composed for my friend” he told her. “I like it” Kathryn told him as she smiled; Russell then slowly came closer to her. Russell was about to kiss her when someone called out, “Kathryn!” Kathryn smiled at him and left him.

Russell passed by the hallway and saw a Champagne Rose and a jar with a Violet lace tied on it, and inside were papers folded into the shape of a star with various colors. He smiled and took them. “What was I thinking? He still loves Cyndi yet I’m going with the flow, I feel sorry for Cyndi and him. I shouldn’t let myself go near him, it’s not going to work out” Kathryn thought.

Russell got back home from school when he saw his grandmother and mother talking. “Ma, don’t be so mad; it’s bad to your health” said Helen as she comforted Rose. “Why, what happened?” Russell asked as he entered and sat with them. “Your father called and he’s taking you with him” Helen answered. “Why?” Russell asked, “He said he wanted you to study abroad for better education” Helen told Russell. “But, why only me?” asked Russell as he sat down. Rose hugged her grandson tightly and said “We will miss you.” “He never listens to what I want” he said.

“Have you told Kathryn?” Tiffany asked Russell, “No, I don’t want to tell her yet” he said. “Why?” Tiffany asked him with wonder. Russell just looked at her and frowned. “You don’t want to hurt her? But you’ll just hurt her more if you don’t tell her right away” Tiffany told Russell. “I don’t think she feels the same for me” Russell told Tiffany. Russell tried to talk to Kathryn but she ignores him because she doesn’t want to let her feelings grow more.

“Is Kathryn home?” Russell asked Aunt Grace, “She’s already asleep, I’m sorry” Grace told Russell. “Will you kindly give this to her please?” Russell asked Grace. “Sure” Grace answered as she smiled at Russell. “Thank you and good eve” Russell said as he walked away. “Kathryn, he asked me to give this to you” Grace told Kathryn. “Just leave it there” said Kathryn as she cried, non-stop. “Okay, go to sleep now” Grace told her as she closed the door.

The next morning, Kathryn went to school bringing the card Russell gave her. She sat down on her seat and looked for Russell. “Daphne, where’s Russell?” Kathryn asked Daphne. “I don’t know I haven’t seen him” Daphne answered. Kathryn was holding the card and waiting for Russell. Tiffany saw Kathryn and sat on her seat. “Tiffany, have you…” said Kathryn, “Seen Russell? No, why would I see him today? He has a 9 o’clock flight” Tiffany answered. Kathryn just looked at Tiffany, “You’ve been very indifferent and insensitive Kathryn, we’re trying to tell you but you won’t listen. You did receive the letter and notebook, but didn’t read them” she added. Natalie and Daphne looked at Tiffany then at Kathryn.

Kathryn started to cry then she ran outside. “Look at what you did Tiffany” said Natalie as she stood up and followed Kathryn. “Did you find her?” asked Daphne; “She’s not around here anymore” said Natalie as she breathes hard. “Yes, I saw her went out, she said she had a family emergency” the school guard said.