Chapter 46

chapter 46

"I was going to tell you." Vittoria says nervously. 

"When?" Nickolas asked, "I cannot believe you would deny me this, Vittoria." 

"I wasn't going to do that, I was going to tell you, It's our child after all." Vittoria said.

"I didn't mean just that part, I wanted to take care of you through this time, Vittoria, I should've been there for you, only if I knew." Nickolas looked almost angry with himself. 

"seems like your investigations skills have fallen short." Vittoria half joked. 

Nickolas and Vittoria silently stared at each other for heartbeat. 

Nickolas sighs, sitting at the edge of the bed, he takes her hand on his, closing his eyes at the contact. 

Sitting in that room, far away from their homes, in a foreign land, basking as the light filtered through the window, Nickolas and Vittoria- were just any regular couple- fighting, breaking down, building up. 

"Vittoria-" He began, he looked so lost in that moment. A light rain had just begun outside. 

"when did we get here?" Vittoria asked, referring to everything that had been going on for the past year. "and how?" 

Nickolas gulped, he looked scared of losing Vittoria. "I no longer have it in me to pretend or subdue what I feel for you, Vittoria, I love you, I have loved you and I'll love you, whether you leave me for some goddamn country a million times, I'll come for you each time, Vittoria, I'm done pretending that my world doesn't revolve around you." 

Vittoria's heart stopped momentarily. 

A tear slipped out of Vittoria's eye. "Nickolas, why did you ever have to pretend?" 

"Don't cry, my love, I can't stand it." Nickolas's face contoured, as though watching her cry physically hurt him. He slid a finger across her cheek, wiping the lone tear. 

"Why, Nickolas?" She asked again, referring to her earlier question. 

"Because, I thought you would find me repulsive," He stated, sitting down, looking away, "you won't understand."  

Vittoria frowned. "Whatever do you mean?" she said, "Nickolas I want you to talk to me, we need communicate, this is never going to work, if we don't." 

Nickolas looked into her eyes, "I'm a fucked up person, Vittoria, I'm never letting that get to you." 

"Nickolas I've loved for a very long time but I can't keep going on like this if you won't talk to me and loving you is not going to be enough for me to stay, If you're going to keep hiding things for me." She stated. 

"You can't leave me, Victoria, these couple of weeks have shown me what I've tried to deny for the longest, you encompass my universe Vittoria, fuck," Nickolas sighed as he got on his knees in front of her, encircling her stomach and holding on to her, "Vittoria, I want to do better than this, I want to be better than this, for you, for our baby, only if you'll let me." 

Vittoria sighed, holding his face in her hands, "I want to do better too, I just," She continued, holding in tears as her voice wobbled, "I just don't know if we're going to be good parents, Nickolas." 

"Vittoria I can't say much for me, but you're going to be a brilliant mother, my love." Nickolas said as he grazed her stomach. 

Vittoria couldn't hold back her sobs, she felt conflicted yet relieved, she had no one to talk to about all of these insecurities, and now she did and Nickolas gave her reassurance. 

That night as the stars turned over and over,  as clouds gave way for a clearer day ahead, Nickolas held Vittoria as she slept in his embrace.

~

The next morning, as Vittoria fluttered her eyes open, she was all alone in bed, she groaned as she tried to check the time, the sun was bright, it was going to be a lovely bright day at least.

9:06 am 

Vittoria frowned when she heard the sound of laughter outside the room, she got up, wearing her silk robe, heading outside the bedroom. 

She was met with the sight of Ada donning a lovely yellow sundress, Damien and Nickolas standing in the kitchen facing the living room.  

"Vittoria!" Ada exclaimed, running to hug her. Nickolas wore a white loose trousers and a light blue linen shirt, he looked dashing as usual. 

"Oh what a surprise!" Vittoria chuckled. She was so incredibly happy in that moment as she held on to Ada. 

"You're glowing!" Ada said with a smile. "I missed you," Ada uttered as she hugged her again. 

"Hello Vittoria, Italy's done you good." Damien acknowledged, with an easy smile, as he hugged her, but not for long as the shadow of Nickolas pervaded right behind him. 

"Hello to you too, Mr. Head." She said with a smile. Damien went and encircled his arm around Ada's waist, who blushed as she looked down. 

Vittoria smiled understandingly. 

"Good morning love," Nickolas whispered as came to stand right next to her. 

"Good morning." Vittoria said with a smile. 

"I was just putting together breakfast," Nickolas said waving towards the kitchen. 

"you are making breakfast?" Vittoria questioned with a sinister smile.

"Indeed I am." Nickolas said, looking into her eyes. 

"Alright, Damien why don't you go and help Nickolas while Ada and I catch up in the other room." Vittoria said, not giving Damien a choice as she pulled away Ada, who giggled. 

"I want to know all about it," Vittoria whispered in Ada ears as they went down the corridor towards the bedroom, implying towards Ada and Damien. 

"I want to know all about it too." Ada said. 

"Oh love you're going to have to sit down for this one." Vittoria said mock sighing, closing the door shut.

~

I'm so sorry for the delayed updates, but I'm now getting back to regular updates, I'll try to update chapters as soon as I can, thank you for bearing with me.