Chapter 36

chapter 36

2 years ago-

Nickolas headed into the social event, giving curt nods to whoever tired to speak to him or
greet him.

He was not in a good mood.

He wanted Vittoria.

He had asked Vittoria to come with him, he wanted everyone to know they were together, after he had proposed to her in Paris, but Vittoria wanted to complete her graduation before she announced it to everyone.

He wanted he to graduate, he was damn proud of her for getting her degree, but he didn't understand what relation their engagement had to her graduation.

Suddenly he spotted her, his mood would've lifted for the better if it were not for the boy next to Vittoria.

He was standing much too close for Nickolas's liking.

His mood further darkened.

Her emerald green accentuated her curves, with the slit, gave every man in this room a clear view of her sensual legs, leaving nothing quite to the imagination, a swathe of jealousy spread across him.

Then Vittoria laughed at something the boy said, and he felt his eyes twitch& his fists clench.

"Nickolas..." A redhead in a black gown beckoned him, with a seductive smile.

"Not now," he looked at her, giving her a curt nod as he moved toward through the crowd towards Vittoria.

Vittoria caught his gaze. She blushed as she averted her gaze back to the boy.

Nickolas frowned.

He was going to spank her, later when he took her to his penthouse and ravished her.

"Hello, Ms. Ross." He said, as he stepped in, glaring at the boy, who got the hint and said a rushed goodbye to Vittoria.

"You look lovely." He whispered in her ear.

"Nickolas... don't stand so close, you'll attract attention." She said as she stepped back, but Nickolas pulled her close.

"You're going to be my wife, I'm not going to hold back, not now, not ever." He said put a possessive hand over her waist.

Vittoria chuckled, "gosh, Nickolas. You're crazy."

"I am, for you." He said as he looked into her eyes.

Why did she have to be so angelic and so distracting?

Usually he would attend these events, talk business with his people from the business world, and then probably take a date home and fuck her.

Yet, here he was.

Enamoured with one woman, who had stolen his heart, without even trying much, he had in fact willing given it to her.

He was not in love with her.

He tired to remind himself.

He tired to remind himself of the gruesomeness of power and the pursuit of money and the angel in his arms. They were two different worlds.

He wasn't going to risk it.

He tired to remind himself.

~
Present Day

The stillness in the room after Damien had dropped this bomb was tangible.