Chapter 30

2 Days later

Vittoria stepped back into her cabin, after her lunch break only to see a spread of red roses on her table. She stilled, before she checked who sent them.

Meet me at the beach house tonight.

 Nickolas.

Vittoria tired to hide the smile, but she couldn't. The past 2 days had been surreal. Nickolas and her had gone back and forth between the penthouse and the beach house. There was solace for the first time, after a long time.

"Husband sent 'em?" Jose appeared from the cabin door.

"I'd be lying if I said no." Vittoria said as she glanced back at Jose.

"Lucky man." He remarked, leaning against the doorframe, discreetly regarding Vittoria's black dress and her curves.

"If you don't mind, I would like to get back to work." Vittoria spoke, as she rounded her table to sit on her chair. "Sure." Jose smiled at her.

She just couldn't figure out the deal with him, one day he was flirting with her, the next he would be aloof, and then back to flirting. Maintaining minimum contact with him was probably for the best.

~

Vittoria stepped into the foyer of the house. She wondered why he'd specifically called her here tonight.

"Nickolas?" She called out in the living room, when she stepped in, she saw a table set up.

A table for two.

Nickolas stood there with an apron on, trying hard to concentrate on placing the salmon exactly at the centre of a dish. He was frowning, and even though he was broad and scary, in that moment he almost looked adorable, in an apron, all the more.

He finally looked up, his eyes almost looked glossy and everlasting in the low lit living room. "Vittoria.." He began, removing the apron, to reveal a white shirt and navy blue trousers, so he had started cooking right after he got back from his office. "I thought we could dine like old times, like we used to."

It struck her then, It was a Friday evening.

They religiously had date nights on every Friday, no matter what. One time, Nickolas had flied back all the way from Australia to come back for their Friday night date. Vittoria took a sharp breath in. "Nickolas, why?"

He walked closer to her, holding her face in his hands, a determined look in his face, "because I'm not letting you go, Vittoria, I'll not give up on this, I plan on keeping every goddamn vow I made to you that day."

"Give me one good reason why I should believe you." She asked in a whisper, looking him in the eyes.

"I'll give you two." He said huskily, he removed his phone from his pocket, and showed her a digital document, "I sold the place in Switzerland, don't believe me still, call up Carlos anytime and feel free to go through my properties portfolio."

"What's the second?" Vittoria whispered, even though Nickolas selling out the Switzerland house was a big deal, she didn't react. He shouldn't have hid it from her in the first place.

"I want you to join the legal team at Armani Industries." He said as he extended an offer letter, "and before you refuse, the legal head, Richard, feels you're more than competent for this role."

"No, I can't.." Vittoria said as she shook her head.

"I want us to be closer and I want you stop wasting your talent at your current law firm, they dont give you the credit you deserve." He spoke angrily.

But Vittoria stood firm, "I'm not going to work under you." Her eyes widened when she realized what she'd said and how it had seemed.

Nickolas eyes darkened, he stepped closer, "Now the way you put that makes it all the more tempting."

"We'll only have a strictly professional relationship at office." She said as she flustered, all sorts of images with him, in his office flooded her mind.

It was all because of him, he was making her head spin.

"Well at least you're considering it, but I won't keep my hands off of you." Nickolas whispered with a ghost of a smile on his face.

"Ugh! We'll see, I'm making no promises." Vittoria said with a sigh.

"Indeed, we will see." He said. "But now you need to eat." He guided her to the table. The salmon with honey garlic sauce looked super tempting.

"I can't believe you made this." She said as they sat down, and tasted it. "Well a man can try." He said as he got his chair closer to hers and sat down. "It's delicious." She spoke, genuinely meaning so.

After they had their dinner, Nickolas picked Vittoria up, who yelped at the suddenness of it, "What the hell are you doing?"

Nickolas looked into her eyes, "It's time for dessert." He spoke, carrying her straight to the bedroom.

~

Hello guys! 

I wasn't going to post until 20th January, but I had some time, so I thought why not? I hope you enjoy reading this! 

AND please be kind in the comments section, I would really appreciate it.