Chapter 1

chapter 1- The end of the wedge

Vittoria sat around the fire place, a book abandoned long ago next to her, she stared at the embers, flickering with life.

The coldness of the vast penthouse was as conspicuous as her husband's absence. Yet another weekend where he's not home. She had tried calling his assistant to know about his whereabouts, but she'd kept the call with a curt "he's in a meeting." He's always in a meeting.

Vittoria downed her glass of wine, and was about to head back into the master bedroom, when the elevator to the penthouse pinged, signalling someone's arrival.

It was Nickolas. He looked disheveled, his sleeves rolled up, his suit jacket in one hand and a sleek briefcase in the other.

He stepped into the penthouse and froze when he saw her. Drinking in her sight, he sighed. The black silk robe did nothing to cover up the sheerness of Vittoria's lace nightgown. Vittoria noticing his smouldering gaze, tied her robe, crossing her hands. "Why? Didn't want to sleep in the office today? To what do I owe this honour?" Vittoria said, with a smirk.

Nickolas narrowed his eyes at her, "I have a lot on my mind Vittoria." He said as he threw the briefcase and suit jacket on the plush velvet sofa.

Enough to forget my birthday trip. Vittoria thought bitterly.

"Of course you do," Vittoria said, "well I should not get in the way, go on." Vittoria turned around, not wanting him to see her cry.

"Vittoria.." she heard him say as he stepped closer, holding her hand in an iron grip, "what?.." he started but she swirled around and kissed him hard, she didn't want to think, she didn't want to talk. She just wanted to forget. Forget everything.

Nickolas responded almost immediately, his hands gripping her slender waist. She moaned into his mouth when she felt him harden, and then he guided his hands to her pussy, a finger inside, and then another. His pace increased. He removed her silk robe, and then ripped open his shirt, not taking his eyes away from her. His pants were next and then he hauled her up and dropped her on the sofa, spreading her legs apart, positioning himself, he wasn't gentle, but that was one of the things Vittoria loved about him. They both moaned when he entered her, "Fuck..Vittoria."

"Faster" Vittoria moaned, and he obliged. The penthouse echoed with the sounds of moans and their love making. Nickolas groaned, his hands holding her breasts, "look at me," he grunted, Vittoria pretended not to listen, he growled, pinching her nipples, "uhh," Vittoria yelled. "Vittoria!" he yelled when she still didn't comply.

Vittoria opened her eyes, but she pushed him down and got on top of him, Nickolas yelled a feral growl, his pupils dilating. Vittoria, her hands on his chest, increased her pace, knowing he was close and knowing he was at her mercy. They both came, their moans and grunts mixing and filling the room. Vittoria laid beside him, both of them catching their breaths.

He effortlessly picked her up, kissing her forehead, leading them to their master bedroom. Laying her down gently, he left the room, Vittoria heard the door to his home office open and knew he wasn't coming back to bed anytime soon. That night Nickolas wasn't the only one who didn't sleep.