Chapter 23

chapter 23

Vittoria stared at him, with her mouth agape. "You're joking right?"

"I'm afraid I'm not." Damien said, "look I thought I wouldn't tell you earlier, but I think you have a right to know since Nickolas clearly doesn't tell you shit."

After a moment's pause, Vittoria said, "take me Ada's house please."

Damien's hands flexed on the steering wheel. "Ada?"

Vittoria nodded, giving him her address.

When they arrived at her place, Vittoria insisted that he come up, it didn't take a lot of persuasion though.

"Hello" Ada said as she opened the door confused, but still smiling.

"Hey, I know this is going to sound weird, but can I borrow some of your clothes?" Vittoria asked, pleading. Vittoria couldn't go back to their home, she was pretty sure, he had his bodyguards stationed there to not let her leave and she couldn't buy clothes, otherwise, he would track down her card.

"Sure, you can." Ada added letting them in. suddenly, Damien and Ada looked at each other nervously, greeted each other.

"Oh stay for a coffee!" Ada told Damien, and just like before it didn't take much persuasion.

Ada lived in a lovely apartment, that was decorated with all art pieces, some she had made herself, others were from collections all over the world, she was truly an artist at heart, in her work and generally.

Ada gave Vittoria a few dresses, which Vittoria profusely thanked Ada for. After a cup of coffee, Damien and Vittoria headed out again, and Vittoria gave him the name of a Boutique hotel, on the outskirts of town.

"Damn, you really know the good hiding spots." Damien said, as they got out of the car. Vittoria hugged him, "thank you for everything."

"No problem," Damien hugged her back. "but you sure you'll be fine, here on your own?" He asked uncertainty lacing his voice.

"Yes I'll be fine." Vittoria smiled, as she headed inside.

Luckily for Vittoria, she didn't have to use her card here, since Gianni already had an account in this hotel, for her other sinister deeds, since she couldn't always take guys to her apartment and in Ada's place, Vittoria had used Ada's phone to ask Gianni if it would be fine if she used her room tonight, Gianni had said yes and further recommended her to go to the luxurious club underneath that had many explicit things happening down there, Vittoria had politely refused.

She entered the hotel, it was all luxurious yet low key, red couches, golden edges, victorian paintings, and greek roman statues.

Vittoria informed at the reception to bill the room on Gianni's account and without any hassle she got the room which one she entered, closing the door she leaned against it, taking her switched off phone out, throwing it on the counter. The room was similar to the reception, andShe thought back to the comment that Heidi had said, can we talk about last night?

After she had passed out of exhaustion, had he gone to Heidi, to fuck her?

If Nickolas was not going to tell her anything and cheat on her, then she didn't have to stay with him.

Without taking off her clothes, Vittoria slipped inside the duvet, letting sleep take over her.

Little did she know the storm she was causing as she slept peacefully.