Chapter 32

Chapter 32 

The bar was full of revellers, the smell champagne and whisky wafted through every corner of the place. People were dressed elegantly and discreetly. Vittoria headed directly towards the end of the bar. 

"Vittoria, took you long enough." Arnold spoke without looking at her, he sat on one of the barstools in a suit. 

She glanced at him, before beckoning the Chris, the bartender for a martini. 

"Well, I had stuff to take care of." She said with a smile. 

"You should really look behind your back, Tory." Arnold said, "Nickolas is downright crazy for you, and from what I've found, I don't think you'll really like it, but I made a promise, so here you go." He extended a brown file towards her, finally looking up at her.

Vittoria gulped. "How bad is it?" 

Arnold took a sip of his whiskey, finally looking at her intently, "remember that afternoon in my parents lakefront Villa when I told you I was in love with you," Vittoria just stared at him, wondering where he was going with it. 

"and you couldn't fathom a word of what I said, you were so surprised?" He spoke, pointing to the file, he continued, "this is exactly like that." She started to open the file, but Arnold stopped her. "Go home or better yet somewhere you won't find Nickolas and then open it up."  She sighed, "Alright, thank you Arnold, I'll never forget this."

"I have a feeling you won't." He joked with a dead serious face, that got a smile from her. 

He smiled back at her too, they parted ways after a hug. 

~

Vittoria called Dave to discreetly ask where was Nickolas.

"Oh I'm just wondering where he is, I would love to give him a little suprise you know." She chuckled. 

Dave informed her, that he was at the penthouse

"Alright, thank you Dave." 

Dave asked her if she wanted to be picked from somewhere, she refused. "Oh no, I'm just with Ada and Gianni now, I'll come in a bit." 

She kept the call, got into a cab, and gave him the address of the beach house

She sighed as she stared at the file nervously. She had an urge to rip it open now and read whatever Arnold had found out. But she waited, she wouldn't open it until she got home. 

She fidgeted as they neared the house. She told him to stop at the entrance, giving him cash and tipping him generously, she exited the cab. 

As soon as she entered the house, she removed her heels, abandoning them on the side. Her heart was beating so fast. She sat down on the sofa in the living room, and after a moment, she ripped open the file. A bundle of pictures fell on her lap, along with some documents. 

The very first one was dated 2 years ago, one week before Vittoria and Nickolas's wedding. 

It was a picture of Nickolas and Heidi, holding hands, entering a villa, no doubt, a villa in Switzerland

~

Hello guys! 

The story has picked up pace, so many secrets are finally coming to light. But I have a feeling you guys are not ready for the chapters that are about to follow! So brace yourselves. 

What else do you think Vittoria's going to find out from the file?