Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - the distance.

Vittoria downed her coffee cup as she sat across from Gianni, her best friend since middle school, in a little town cafe, that had been their haunt since they knew each other. It was tucked away in a lane full of historical buildings and the cafe itself had an old school charm to it.

"Vittoria, having intercourse with your own husband isn't a crime you know," Gianni said with a sarcastic smile. Ada agreed, shaking her head vigorously.

Vittoria seemed pensive, she said "Nickolas feels more like a stranger to me than a husband, mind you."

"You need to tell him, talk to him." Ada encouraged.

Vittoria removed a postcard sized paper from wallet, in a cursive handwriting, it simply read, "won't be here for the week, going to Germany to close the welhmer deal."

Gianni sighed as she read it, "Vittoria..." she started but Vittoria cut her, "listen I didn't call y'all for a pity party," Vittoria paused, a tiny smile appearing on her face, "I wanted you guys to come with me to Italy this weekend."

Ada and Gianni looked at her, understanding dawning on their face. "Alright babe, if that's what you want for now." Gianni said.

Vittoria smiled, "I do." Pulling her sunglasses, Vittoria was not going to sulk, she was going to enjoy her trip, sipping champagne, lying down by the pool and watching the sun go down.

~

Nickolas stared at the photo of Vittoria on his phone. It was taken on their engagement party. Amongst their closest family and friends, Nickolas had snapped this picture, when Vittoria was busy chatting away, animatedly about cupcakes with her 5 year old niece, Claire.

"Sir, we are ready for take off." The flight attendant informed. Damia, his assistant sat across him, typing away furiously on her laptop. "Sir I'm Afraid we won't be able to get back until next Thursday."

Nickolas sighed, "what now?" Nickolas had been working entire weeks on end, after the acquisition of three new companies, two months ago. He didn't have a minute to waste. Every Moment was a decision. And every second had consequences.

"The finance minister and defence secretary have requested a meeting with you. They've been requesting one for months," Damia said, as she looked up at him. Nickolas shook his head, "if they want a meeting, arrange it this week, I need to be back home by the end of the week," Nickolas said, but his attention was already diverted back to the photo of Vittoria.

He sighed, turning his attention back to the documents in front of him.

"Okay sir," Damia said, her eyes lingering on his neck, exposed as he had discarded his tie a while ago, and removed his jacket, rolling up his sleeves. He was in work mode.

Damia took in the sight, as she did often, and always her eyes stayed a little longer on his wedding ring and that's what made her stop staring, all enough to break her daydream.

The jet was in the air, on its way to Germany, but unbeknownst to Mr. Armani, another one was soon going to be in the air too, just to a different destination- Italy.

~

Hello everyone! We are just getting started! Things are about to get exciting as we discover and unravel the story!
Let me know your thoughts!

I'll be posting everyday until further notice!
Hope you enjoy :)
Thank you so much for reading!!