Chapter 39

chapter 39 

Nickolas downed another glass of vodka as he sat sprawled on his couch, staring out at the city lights, sparkling and dazzling below him. 

"Sir, I'm sorry to disturb you, but I think there's something you need to see." Dave spoke from behind him.

Nickolas closed his eyes, "What is it?" He barked out. 

"It's Mrs. Armani."

Nickolas swirled around to face Dave, his eyes angry and despondent. "what about her?!" 

Dave gulped, his eyes downcast as he said, "It appears she's taking a flight tomorrow, a one way ticket to Italy." 

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Nickolas growled, his eyes's widened as he got up from the couch, and started heading for the elevator. 

~

Vittoria was packing the last of her bags, ensuring she hadn't forgotten anything. 

Gianni and Ada had helped her through the process. "We'll visit you soon, darling." Ada said as she sat next to Vittoria on their couch, with their coffee mugs. 

"I'm looking forward to it." Vittoria said with a smile. Gianni smiled, but it came off quite hesitant, she didn't say anything. 

"What about the divorce lawyer? did you find anyone?" Ada asked. 

"No, I am going to meet Nickolas tomorrow before my flight, talk to him and clear the mess we are in." Vittoria said, as her fingers danced on the rim of her cup. 

"You should talk to him, Vittoria." Gianni absentmindedly said as she headed into the direction of the kitchen. 

"Is it just me or has she been a little restless?" Vittoria whispered into Ada's ears.

"Something's up." Ada agreed. "What-" Vittoria's voice was cut off by the sound of the bell ringing and the noise of loud bangs on the door. 

Gianni rushed out of the kitchen, "I'll see who it is." She said. Vittoria and Ada frowned. There was a momentary silence, before Nickolas Armani stood before them, entering through the corridor, in their full view. 

He stood there, his white shirt sleeve's rolled up and was drunk. His eyes drank the sight of Vittoria, simply sitting there on the couch, wearing a beautiful white dress.  Nickolas stalked up to her. Vittoria had stood up by then. 

Ada stood cautiously next to Vittoria, but Gianni beckoned to her, "Ada come on, help me in the kitchen, please." 

Nickolas glared at her, yet he looked so desperately relived to see her. It felt like he was breathing again in her presence. 

"You were really thinking about leaving without me?" Nickolas asked, his voice raspy with emotions.

"Yes Nickolas, although I did plan on meeting you tomorrow before I left." She said, as she looked into his eyes.

He looked disheveled, not like his usual confident arrogant self. 

As he stood in front of his wife, desperately wanting her to stay and return to him, return to thier home, he didn't look invincible. 

He looked like a heartbroken man, who was standing in front of the women he desperately loved. 

"Vittoria," His hands went to hold her cheeks. 

Vittoria tried to pry his fingers off of him, but his grip tightened.

"Vittoria, I'm.." Nickolas took a breath in, "..sorry."

"What for?" Vittoria asked. 

"For everything, for hiding things from you, for being a horrible husband." Nickolas said. 

Vittoria sighed, "Why now? why so all these things now, so that I don't leave you, what if I had never found out about Heidi and you?" 

Nickolas fists clenched, "you would've ideally never found out, Vittoria." 

"that is it!" Vittoria said fiercely, "that is your problem, right there! you are not ready to tell me anything Nickolas! you're so closed off to me, but you can show up on my trip to Italy with my friends and get to the exact bar I'm at." Vittoria frowned as she paused, "How did you know I was there?" she whispered, a sudden realisation dawning on her.

It couldn't be, could it? She thought

Nickolas stared at her, his face blank. 

"Vittoria.." He began but was cut off by her. "Nickolas how did you find me that night in Italy or the night we fought and you found me in the hotel?" 

His silence gave her the confirmation she needed. She looked down upon her hands, she had thrown her engagement ring and wedding band on the bed that day, so it wasn't that, but the diamond bracelet he had given her. 

It definitely had a tracker inside.

"How could you?!" Vittoria yelled. Nickolas held her arms, "Because I'm FUCKING CRAZY FOR YOU, I LIVE AND BREATH YOU, VITTORIA." He growled. 

She took off the bracelet, letting in fall to the floor. "you had no right, and this just goes to show you'll keep hiding things from me, always, I want honesty in a marriage, you clearly can't give me that." She said through gritted teeth, as she tried to shrug his hands on her ams off. 

"You want honesty, Vittoria, fine, I'll fucking give you honesty, but under no circumstances will you leave after I tell you." Nickolas said as he brought her body closer to him, chest to chest. 

"Tell me what?" Vittoria questioned. 

"Remember that wretched party at your parent's place where we first met?" Nickolas said, his eyes had darkened. 

"What about it?" Vittoria whispered. 

"That wasn't the first time I had met you." 

~