Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Vittoria turned around to face Nickolas. How long had he stood here, watching her go through these pictures and pieces of his past that he so refused to show her?. She felt her anger rise to an insurmountable level.

This man, her husband was with his ex fiancé one week before their wedding.

"Indeed I am, Nickolas, I'm leaving you, you can go back to your ex fiancé and cuddle up with her in Switzerland like you probably did one week before our wedding." Vittoria said this with a calmness that was both loud and scathing. She was livid.

She had hit her limit.

Nickolas stared at her stoically, his eyes narrowed on her every move. "I didn't cheat on you, Vittoria, and that blasted house I had brought years ago when Heidi and I were engaged, and when you and I were together, I had no fucking memory of it, I would've sold it otherwise, I don't keep tabs on all of my properties."

She turned around without any further words, Nickolas followed her into the bedroom, but Vittoria didn't care if he followed her to the end of the world now, she was leaving.

He locked the bedroom door. "You're not leaving me, Vittoria!"

Vittoria scoffed, taking out a bag big enough to hold a generous amount of her clothes. She started to stuff her clothes into it, bringing them from the closet.

"Yes I am, leaving you, Nickolas, I don't need any goddamn explanations from you." Vittoria spoke. After a moment of somber silence, the stillness of the air was ruined by the sound of a glass crashing. She turned around to see Nickolas had flipped the entire glass table to the other end of the room, leaving a million glass shreds. his eyes were bloodshot.

"I have never cheated on you." He said, his breathing heavy. His hand was bleeding, drops trickling down to the white marble floor.

Vittoria shrugged, "I don't care what you say anymore, those pictures were enough proof of what I wanted to know and you refused to tell me!" She yelled.

He came closer, forcing herself to him, holding her waist tightly in his grip, he forced her to look at him. "Heidi has issues, Vittoria, and I went to her one week before our wedding, it was a favour to someone, we only spoke that day, nothing else happened. Since the day I've met you, you encompass my universe, you have consumed me," He spoke, Vittoria refused to meet his eyes, "God, WOULD YOU LOOK AT ME? You can't leave me, I beg of you!" He yelled in her face, his breath ragged, his hands holding her waist tightly to him.

Then, he removed a gun, from inside his suit jacket.

Vittoria gulped.

Nickolas usually was always armed, but he ensured never to put it on display in front of Vittoria, as she wasn't the most comfortable with it.

"here, shoot me if you want to, but don't leave!" He shouted, handing her the gun, Vittoria refused to hold it. "You've fucking lost your mind!" She yelled back.

His face was stoic and serious, but his eyes were a whole different story. He looked scared, and for a moment Vittoria was shocked at the rare display of vulnerability. "You've made me lose my goddamn mind!"

Vittoria's eyes widened, she pushed him away. "No Nickolas, this is it, I'm not doing this with you, we can't make this work anymore!" Tears were streaming down her face, a wave of exhaustion spread over her mind and body.

she collapsed on her knees.

Nickolas bent down to her level. "Run all you want, Vittoria, but you're mine till the end of times, you have been mine since the moment I set my eyes on you. There will be no keeping me away from you, I won't allow it!"

His eyes were red. "You won't allow it? Have you lost your mind, you were cheating on me, a week before our wedding Nickolas! you are a bastard! you hurt me so bad Nickolas!" She screamed, her head was throbbing.

"I didn't cheat on you." He whispered as he held her wrists.

"then what the fuck were you hiding the fact you were engaged and now she's back, perhaps she wants you to start fucking her again just like old times?! or maybe you guys never stopped!" She said in a loud voice.

"You have ruined me." She whispered with a sob.

Nickolas gulped, his hold on her wrists tightening, "I'll catch you. You're not getting rid of me, you. are. my. wife." He said through gritted teeth.

"You hold my soul in your palm, Vittoria." He said as he got her face closer to his, her tears touching his face, but he couldn't care less.

"fuck you, Nickolas." She whispered, disgust lacing her voice, as she wrenched her wrists from her hold and then all the while, looking him straight in the eyes, she took her wedding ring off of her hand. Nickolas eyes stayed glued to her hands. "wear it back Vittoria!" He grunted, his voice was feral. She kept the ring on the bed, next to the gun Nickolas had discarded on the bed.

"Goodbye Nickolas." She said.

She had reached the door, when suddenly he held her arm from behind.

She sighed, tears trickling down her face, she turned around to look him in the eyes, "Leave me right now or you'll never see me again."

There was something in her tone that Nickolas understood that she was dead serious.

He left her wrists, but told her, "I'll fucking find you and then I'll tie you to my bed and never fucking let you go."

Vittoria raced down the hallway, she realised, that he still very much held her heart in his hands.

She hated him for that.

She wished she never crossed paths with him.

she wished she had never met him.

But now she drowned in her own sorrow, in a deep gulf she had built for herself.

~

Hello guys!

how did you all like this chapter? What do you think is going to happen next? Let me know in the comments!

Thank you so much for 60k reads! That's insane!! I had started writing Mrs. Armani less than a month ago and now so many people have given this story a chance, I thank each one of you from the bottom of my heart!