Chapter 10

chapter 10

The breakfast buffet by the pool was a delightful treat. Gianni, Ada and Vittoria feasted upon Italian delicacies, taking generous amounts of chocolate on their crepe's. Nickolas didn't join them.

"Holy cow, now that's a breakfast." Ada said as they sat on the lounge chairs, looking over lake Como. Ada looked at Vittoria, thoughtfully. Without looking away from the scenery before them, Vittoria indulged, "go ahead ask me, Ada."

Gianni interjected before Ada could say anything, "Ask you how good the sex was? we already know, we could hear you, babe." Gianni tried to mimic moaning sounds. Vittoria threw her beach hat at her, grinning. "No but, I wanted to ask what's up with you'll at this point, he came for you, all the way, that has to mean something, shouldn't it?" Ada asked, she was a hopeless romantic.

Vittoria realized, that she herself was once so much like Ada, hopeful of love. The flowers, romantic kisses and the feeling of being loved back. She was so sorry for it now, sorry for that hopeful self.

Gianni scoffed, "You need to get off of your high horses, Ada, It's clear they have many things to work out, no marriage is ever perfect." and there was Gianni, flirting with life, but never love. She loved men, but didn't quite like the idea of falling in love with them.

"We re going to talk about it," Vittoria said, as she stared at the water.

"you should, Vittoria, who knows you guys become stronger than ever, love each other more than you already do?" Ada said with a smile. Vittoria smiled,  trying to hide the fact she wanted to burst into tears, Nickolas would never love her. But in that moment she was so glad for her friends. Even Gianni didn't give any sarcastic remarks, and simply hugged Ada from the back.

"I'm sure they will, and then their sex will be even steamier," Gianni said with an evil grin, fanning herself.

"Gianni focus on you sex life, instead of commenting on mine," Vittoria said as she laughed. Ada simply shook her head grinning. "Speaking of which, that guy from the bar gave me his number, I might meet later and you know," Gianni said suggestively. "I'm so glad I got good lingerie with me." Gianni whispered to them both. Vittoria shook her head. "Okay, I'm gonna jump in the pool right about now, but before that let me call my mother dearest."

"Alright, I'm heading to the pool," Ada said as she took her tote bag towards the deck chair near the pool. "I'll get my bikini, I'll see you'll in a minute," Gianni said.

Vittoria got her phone, finally switching it on, walking towards the garden, she called her mom, a call she always dreads.

Her mom picked up on the second ring, "Vittoria, where have you been and why is your phone switched off?"

"Hello to you too, Mom," Vittoria said as she rubbed her forehead.

"Vittoria, Why did I have to hear from someone else, that you left for Italy, without your husband?"

"Mom, I can go to one trip without my husband, can't I?" She tried to reason through gritted teeth.

"Not with a husband like Nickolas, Vittoria, men like him, powerful and mighty, have lots of options, so I suggest you need to be there for him, like his wife, before he leaves you for some other girl, god knows, people are already talking, you've stopped accompanying him to events, the last time I saw him at one, Shirley's daughter, was trying to get all cozy with him, they spoke for quite a while, might I add," Her mother said. Vittoria wanted to cut the call, and never hear ant of this again.

"Mom, my marriage is not anyone else's business," Vittoria replied.

"Oh so you're not denying that he could have a potential affair with someone, gosh Vittoria, I knew you would blow up this perfectly nice marriage with a man like Nickolas, I always wondered what he saw in you, he should've married Alana instead..."

Vittoria held in a breath, "I.." she was speechless but  before Vittoria could form a reply, Vittoria's phone was snatched from her hand, she turned around to see Nickolas.

He was very very pissed.
~
Hello! Happy New year guys!!!

Has anyone made any New Year's resolutions this time around? Would love to know about them in the comments section.

Thank you for reading! How are you liking the characters so far? Do let me know!

Until the next time :)