Chapter 22

chapter 22

"Nickolas, before that," Vittoria said, as she walked over to where he was standing, her hands reached for the buttons of his shirt, twirling them with her fingers.

Nickolas was taken aback, his fists opened up, as though Vittoria's touch rid him of his anger and replaced it with passion.

She stepped even closer, her hands on his chest, he was breathing heavy, all thoughts of killing Damien dissipated, for now. 

"I need to speak to you." She said, and turned around to look at Damien, but Nickolas turned her face around, fiercely possessive, in that moment, not even letting her look at someone else.

"Let's go to your office," She said as she walked out of Damien's cabin, and as she predicted he followed her out.

She smiled at Damia, who stared at her with wide eyes, as she saw Nickolas follow her in.

Nickolas locked the door.

"What is it?" He asked hoarsely, with narrowed eyes.

"I want something." Vittoria said, with a shrug, she sat on his main table, crossing her legs, Nickolas leaned down, his hands on both sides of the table, blocking her from leaving.

"And what would that be?" Nickolas asked, his eyes were dark, she could tell he was restraining himself from pouncing on her. She toyed with the end of his sleeve.

"I.." Vittoria was about to say something but there was loud banging on the other side of his office door.

Nickolas grunted. "Nickolas, why aren't you answering my calls, can we talk about last night?"

It was Heidi, no doubt, Vittoria realised.

She eyed his face, he was staring right back at her, trying to gauge any reaction.

His hands went to her thighs when he realised she was going to get down. "Get off of me, you fucking bastard." She tried to push him away but he was all too strong, holding her waist in a painful grip.

"Nickolas!" Heidi called out.

"Don't touch me, I don't want your hands on me right now." Vittoria said this calmly, looking him straight in the eyes.

After a moment, he conceded, but his eyes remained wild. "Run all you want, but you're bound to me, I'll chase you down." He grunted.

"Fuck you." she said as she opened the door, to find Damia trying to stop Heidi. She walked away, without paying any further heed to anyone or anything.

She got into the elevator, and as soon as she reached the ground floor, she briskly walked out to the curb, Dave was already waiting for her, but she surreptitiously, got out through the side doors, and in a wave of people, Dave didn't realise.

She started to walk down the streets, a black Audi stopped right beside her, "Get in the car."

It was Damien.

"Gosh, you must be cold." He said as she slid in, in escaping Nickolas's office, she had forgotten to take her coat back. He gave her his jacket, that she wrapped around herself.

"I'll take you home." Damien said, he looked like an older brother taking care of his sister.

"No." Vittoria said immediately, "you need to tell me what Heidi was doing in the office, what now she has access to just waltz into his office, she's amongst the exclusive 5 people than can? Gosh even I don't make it to that list, I need to ask his assistant to let him know I'm waiting outside so she can go and let him know and if, that's another big question mark, if he's free, he'll meet me once in a while." Tears were streaming down her face, as she leaned back against the plush seat.

"You don't need to make it to any lists Vittoria, you're his wife." Damien said softly.

"Not a priority." She spoke. "But what was Heidi doing there?"

Damien sighed, "It's really stupid."

Vittoria frowned. "What is, Damien?"

"somehow, Heidi got to know, that you guys are having some marriage problems, and you guys haven't even been stepping out together for social events, people are talking, so It's a long shot, really..." Damien said, growing nervous.

"What long shot?" Vittoria asked, looking at him intently.

"She thinks," Damien paused to glance at her, "She thinks she can revive what Nickolas and her had."

~
Hello everyone!
How did you like this chapter?? Do let me know!

Until the next one :)