Chapter 42

Chapter 42

"That wasn't the first time I had met you."

Vittoria stilled.

What the fuck did he mean? She thought.

"What are you talking about?" She whispered, her heart was beating so fast.

"The first time I saw you wasn't at your parents' place, it was in Greece, your girls trip with Ada and Gianni, the last night, at the yacht." He spoke, his eyes trained on her face, trying to gauge any reaction his words had on her.

She took a step back.

"I don't remember meeting you." She said.

"You didn't, I saw you, watched you, you had my attention all night," he scoffed, "you've had my attention since that one goddamn night, 7 years ago."

"That's impossible." She said as she shook her head. Her hands were shaking.

"Yet here we are. You had me at a single glance, Vittoria, I had been watching you way before you met me at that stupid party, I was there only for you, I was done fucking waiting on the sidelines, I was obsessed and I needed you close to me." He said with grave seriousness.

What illusion had she been living under?

What else did she didn't know?

"You are insane. You have anything more for me? Perhaps you have kids? Perhaps you want to tell me about another fiancé of yours?" She said sarcastically, even through all the pain and shock of it.

Nickolas's face remained stoic, but he took a step towards her.

She took one back.

"Don't step away from me, I hate it." He says through gritted teeth.

"I don't fucking care, Nickolas, for the moment you met me, you have been lying to me!!" She yelled, "all of this, us, our marriage, has been built upon a fucking lie!"

"Don't you fucking dare reduce us, what we have is beyond comprehensible! I fucking need you! I fucking crave your touch Vittoria! I want all your smiles! I wanted to light up your world Vittoria! It wasn't supposed to be like this always, I wasn't supposed to be so obsessed with you, but you had to be so fucking ethereal! Took my breath away every goddamn time! I thought we could fuck and I would get you out of my system but no, you are embedded in my soul, and I had no choice but to surrender to you, wholly." He said his breathing ragged.

Vittoria's eyes teared up, she swallowed hard.

"Don't you fucking say these things to me now Nickolas! I can't believe you hid something like this from me, all this time! I'm going tomorrow on that flight and you will not stop me!" She said as tears rolled down her face.

"Absolutely NOT." He yelled.

"If you don't let me go, I'll never ever give you a chance again." She said, her hands shaking.

There was a long silence.

"Fucking hell!" Nickolas said, "fine! Have it your way! One month Vittoria, one fucking month, then I want you back, I'm going to come for you, Vittoria." He said, his jaw tightened.

"Alright." Vittoria lied.

The reality was that She was never going to come back.

She didn't want to.

She had had enough of this.

For now, Vittoria had another secret that she had to hide.

~

Hello guys!!
I'm sorry for the delayed update!! But thank you for being patient with me!

The next update will be on 7th February! I hope you all are ready for what's about to come, we have just arrived at the tip of the iceberg :)