Chapter 9

chapter 9

After their exhausting morning activities, they took a shower again, or more like Nickolas washed her, while she laid in the bathtub. Then they got out, and Nickolas again helped her wear her dress. "We need to talk, I thought I would speak to you once I got back from Italy, but since you're here.." She told him. He was wearing a towel around his waist since his clothes were in the other room.

"If this is about Ari, save it, I won't hurt him, this time," he said, adding the last part as a warning.

He put a strand of hair, behind her ear, and continued, "we both made mistakes, I don't plan on repeating mine," He said referring to forgetting this birthday trip of hers, "I hope you don't too, Vittoria." He said darkly, holding her jaw. "Because you know what a jealous man, your husband is." He whispered, grazing a finger over her cheeks and parted lips, getting closer to her, His eyes were dark, his expression was mostly blank, but Vittoria knew better, she knew nothing passed his eyes.

"I wanted to talk to you about something else," She said, suddenly she was very nervous, fidgeting with her hands, she stepped away from him. His gaze was focused on her every movement.

"I think we should.." She said, "I think I should.. move out of the house for a while.. just," She stopped speaking, trying to find the words. He was dangerously still, his eyes trained on her face. This, Vittoria realized was worse, than him screaming. This predatory silence.

Fuck.

"why does my wife think that her husband will ever ever allow that?" He said as he cupped her face, "Is it another man? perhaps on a second thought, I should kill Ari?" His voice was dangerously low. "Perhaps I should chain you to my bed," he was now in her face, whispering in her ear and as his eyes were trained on hers.

"Nickolas, I just want to stay away for a while," she whispered, "I'm done waiting for you at your home all the damn time, while you keep working, I'm done sleeping on a cold bed every single night," She whisper yelled, a tear slipped down her face, much to her chagrin.

His eyes softened for a moment, he slowly wiped the tear off, but then his eyes went back to the coldness they were familiar with. "No, but you can't leave me."

"Nickolas.." She was about to say but then there was a loud knock at the door. "Lovebirds, It's time to step out of your love cocoon and Vittoria, your mom's been calling me non stop, she asked me to tell you to call her back immediately." Gianni said from the other side of the room.

Vittoria stepped towards the door. "we aren't done with this conversation," Nickolas said.

Vittoria turned to look back at him, before opening the door. "Good morning to you too," Vittoria said to Gianni.

"Aha, someone looks dishelvied." Gianni says with a grin, eyeing Vittoria's flustered face and wet messy hair.

"Hello Nickolas," Gianni said flirtatiously, teasing him. "Gianni." He acknowledged, with a nod, standing behind Vittoria.

"Nickolas was just going to his room," Vittoria intervened. When he looked at her with a frown, she added "you need to get dressed, you can join us then"

"while we shall head to the breakfast buffet, I'm starving," Vittoria said, taking Gianni's arm in her arm.

"how are you starving, I thoguht you already had him in the morning." Gianni whispered as they were about to step out of the suite. "Gianni shut up." Vittoria whispered back as she dragged Gianni away.

This was going to be a long day.
~
Hello guys!
Happy New Year's Eve to everyone :)) I hope you have a great time and year ahead!!
Thank you for reading, please do vote if you enjoyed!