Chapter 138 - Queen of the Ring

Start from the beginning

Blaze stumbles backward as his body shakes due to the sudden impact of the bombs, the slender thug curses a bunch of expletives while running back for a bit due to the force of the blasts beneath their feet. But it's the leader himself who stands his ground, yet the protruding eyes as well as the brief snarl indicate what he thinks to do over this stunt. 

"Who did this... Who the fuck did this!?" the leader shouts at the top of his lungs as he glances at every corner of the street while his cohorts follow suit as they glance around as well to find the one responsible as swiftly as possible. 

Then, a loud laugh is heard nearby, which prompts the three thugs to turn to their left to see one who laughs. It's none other than a dark-skinned teen who wears a rugged green shirt with the word "RULER" printed in the center of it, as well as teal shorts, and black dreads for his hair and stunning blue eyes that demonstrate the gaze of a fierce man while keeping his grin. 

"Oh, are you three really that tough? Guess not if my cherry bombs scared you shitless like kittens!" the teen says as he laughs even more, with the three thugs scowling and seething over this action. 

"The fuck you think you're doing here, pipsqueak?!" Blaze says as he clenches his fists, his eyes as wide enough to show the whites as he approaches the teen. But just as he steps closer, the teen hurls another cherry bomb right in front of his face as he ignites it with a silver lighter. Blaze swats it away as it explodes, but the teen is already making a run for it on his back. 

With a mere command, the Helldivers run in the direction of the teen as their boots echo through the rocky road, their fists clenched with the leader holding the golf club with his two hands. The chase takes them across the wide streets of the Foxhole in the near-deserted district, where more of the derelict houses and buildings are seen while the teen runs as fast as he can like an alleyway cat. 

From each turn, it all seems that it takes the actions of a young teen who can stand up against the actions of deplorable thugs like them while he keeps knocking every barrel and lamp in his direction to slow them down. 

As the teen turns right as swiftly as he can, he keeps glancing back with a smirk on his face, as if he's expecting to lose them at this rate with the speed he's going. But as soon as he glances to his front, his smile vanishes as he stops dead in his tracks in the deserted alleyway. A brick wall is erected in front of it, almost to deter anyone trying to escape in this part of the Foxhole. The teen now stands as the one who faces this misfortune as he shakes a bit for a bit without glancing at his back. 

Oh crud, forgot about this alley... Dang it, Dill! 

Due to this,  the three thugs approach a trembling Dill as steady as they can like a hunter surrounding a hopeless prey. Dill can't do anything but step back a bit while raising his hands in the air, all while stammering words that he wants to blurt out. 

"C-C'mon, fellas, I was just testing this, I swear...!" Dill says while trying to forcefully smile at the thugs, almost like a way to win their favor from anything harmful that they may try on him. 

"Ah yeah? Well..." Blaze says before raising his fist and landing it right in Dill's chest, sending him toward the brick wall on the back as he screams a bit due to the force of the punch as he staggers down, with Blaze grinning widely in response. "I was testing this as well." 

"To be honest, kid, it would have been good if you used those skills to favor us, giving a town a favor and everything," the slender thug says while standing behind the leader with a smirk on his face. 

"Yet, unfortunately, you're too much of an annoyance to work with us. For that, we should set another example from us, Helldivers," the leader says as he approaches a wincing Dill, tapping the head of the golf club to the floor a few times before he tightens his grip on it and raises it upward.